Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi from Nick

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah, a bass player eh! Do you know who the bass Player for Glenn Miller was?

If you answered Trigger Alpert, you nailed it! He was such a fun bass player to watch in Glenn's first film.

So, any thoughts of getting a job in a Jazz Band some time? Since you love Big Band Jazz.

Any way, welcome!

Root.

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
I like the picture kid. I play swing bass now but when I was younger I used to rip to groups like Misfits, Motorhead, and Metallica. Then I realized that the big band bass players could really slamm. Stray Cats bass player would pull soo hard that he would pop a blister and get blood all over the front row. Walking swing bass lines are really hard and good to learn all at the same time. American Patrol by Glenn Miller has killer bass lines. Now I play strickly swing music. It took me 24 years of playing to realize that swing was the better way to go.I have been pulling on bass for 26 years now. Any questions don't be afraid to ask me. Welcome to the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy