Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi, I'm new.

Annalai

New in Town
Hi,

I am also rather new here and like you I like 50s fashion very much. I also like the Victorian and Edwardian fashion and of course the 40s.
Right now my interest is mostly towards full skirts and petticoats or suits with pencilskirts. Funny I also have an obsession with polka dots.
My other interest is corsets and I am a 23/7 tightlacer since several years.
I am also here to learn more about hairstyles, make-up and the fashion of the 40s. So far it has been a real pleasure to read all the old messages.

Annalai

Arienette

New in Town
Annalai said:
Funny I also have an obsession with polka dots.
My other interest is corsets and I am a 23/7 tightlacer since several years.
I am also here to learn more about hairstyles, make-up and the fashion of the 40s.
Annalai

I actually started poking around this message board looking for makeup info because I know nothing about it. And, I am also into corsets. However, I havn't had the money to buy one of the pretty steel boned ones. I only have a hand ful of the plastic boned variety... :( I also have a bit of odd fashion jumps as well. I have a couple of Renaissance dresses at home as well. I started my obsessions with old fashion at a Renaissance faire I went to when I was young... :)

Hi ya, Lauren!

D

Deleted member 259

Arienette said:
I I have a couple of Renaissance dresses at home as well. I started my obsessions with old fashion at a Renaissance faire I went to when I was young... :)

Not to worry - I used to work at the RenFest, I was a wench!
Good to see all the new faces!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Guess we're all into historical fashion then! Fun fun! Renaissance got me started as well, then the Anne of Green Gables movies and Avonlea. My vintage obscession is relatively new, inspired by swing dancing and classic film. Costumes are fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy