Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi new here. Is wearing a leather jacket basically an invitation for trouble?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I've got another cap on the way. Looks like it was buried in the ground in 1920 and then resurrected from the dead. Not so sure the Fedora side of the site would want to put this one next to their Stetsons
There are couple active threads dedicated just to caps, including What Cap Are You Wearing Today. Come on in, the water's fine!

Congrats on trolling the entire leather jacket community lol this is the longest running shitpost I have ever seen.

You should ask the fedora-wearing folks if they are compelled to solve crimes and drink martinis.
I'm partial to committing fashion crimes and drinking an Old Fashioned:
Stingmas2022.jpg

(The hat was a Christmas gift from my in-laws last year, knowing I collect hats. They missed the mark, but it's the thought that counts. I still wear it whenever we go to visit them.)

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Getting back on topic...at the grocery store today there was a guy wearing a cheap mall quality bomber jacket. I started sizing him up and down. He had his back to me...big mistake. I was prepared to say, "Come at me, bro" if he gave me the stink eye when he turned around, but he just loaded his beer into his cart and didn't say a thing. Yeah...that's what I thought.

He must been about 80.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Okay, this makes sense. I will go with a cafe racer, likely one that's worn/second hand but not worn down where it looks like crap. The bonus here is it would be a small monetary loss if I never wear it or don't feel comfortable in it. The upside is if I feel at ease/confident in it, I can wear it lots and maybe even add a second leather jacket down the line.
No No No Don’t Do It!!!
You’re joining the wrong club, obviously.
You’ll probably be murdered or worse yet tear up the jacket.

If you still say “I dare you to say that again” and you’re older than six i fear the problem is NOT others beating up MC jacket wearers but people with childish ideas of basic society, self esteem and stereotypical ideals based on too much tv, too many movies and a failure to distinguish real life from Hollywood.
Sorry pal but i think you are too out of touch with reality to distinguish the most basic ideals of person, much less people.

Brutally honest, but you put it out there dude.
If you want real answers about what jacket to wear, post a pic of yourself. One with your nice guy smile and one with your tough guy look and we can definitely guide you how to dress yourself.
Best of luck.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
There are couple active threads dedicated just to caps, including What Cap Are You Wearing Today. Come on in, the water's fine!

View attachment 565545

(The hat was a Christmas gift from my in-laws last year, knowing I collect hats. They missed the mark, but it's the thought that counts. I still wear it whenever we go to visit them.)
Hunter S Thompson with a beard
or Tommy Chong with a hat!!
Either way…good to go J.
B

soundwavvves

One of the Regulars

View attachment 565545

Living up to your name like an absolute legend. This is goals, as the zoomers say. Caps off to you, sir.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
I think it’s safe to say that the consensus is that wearing a leather jacket will not attract or instill violent tendencies, but maybe we should address what WILL happen in daily life when one decides to rock a leather jacket-

Less hours at work, more pay
Wife takes trash cart to curb
Wife mows lawn
Meat cravings
Truck fixed
Grizzly bear
6 hour erections, 4 times a day
Ripped abs
Wife brings trash cart back from curb
Chuck Norris
Yes sir
Motorcycle(s)
3 gals pregnant
Gasoline
Every trip to the store is nothing less than a magic dance to be remembered for all time

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
I personally won't even look at the old Sears cross-zip in my closet that an old tenant left behind which happens to fit me perfectly. Just the thought of wearing it fills me with the urge to drink whiskey all night long and ride out at dawn looking for trouble. It's kind of like that movie The Mask, only with a leather jacket.

soundwavvves

One of the Regulars
Sent my 6yo Grandaughter to Pre-school today wearing vintage Excelled cross zip (Thanks @TheOldFashioned ).
Hope she doesn’t get beat up by known ruffians out there waiting to pounce.
Ps: she looked amazing!!
B
I think the more pressing concern will be her new interest in gangs and violence. People everywhere associate cross zip jackets with outlaw groups and tough, violent individuals. By nature of wearing the jacket, she now carries the burden of that role, for worse or for worse, and she has no choice but to fight.

Peacoat

Bartender
Got a link to it? I’ll grab the popcorn.
Oh, I have the link alright, but if I remember correctly I locked it and buried it. That's where it needs to stay. Don't want to summons the devils from the deep after all of this time. Be content to read this thread. I haven't had to do any moderation here yet, and that is due to the OP being a good sport about all of this. PC

One Drop

One of the Regulars
I think this thread has also released some bad juju, and perhaps some deep ancestral long buried currents of violence have been unleashed upon all who have gazed upon it.

I noticed this morning that my German Shepherd was looking sideways at the screen of my laptop as I was reading through the new posts of this thread, perhaps my chuckling had attracted her attention. Then the most extraordinary thing happened as we hit the mean streets of my alpine village, just after I had put her black leather leash on her.

Just as we left the house, the normally docile neighbourhood cat was waiting at the bottom of the steps, immobile, back arched, and hissing. As we inched by her, my dog of course reacted, and then I distinctly heard the cat mewling just loudly enough so we could both hear :

You barkin' to me?
You barkin' to me?

I might have to move house now, this neighbourhood has gone to the cats and I no longer feel safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW