Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi. New Member. Is this seat taken?

D

drafttek

Hello all. Just registered and figured I'd say hi. Hi. I'm still new to this retro scene so please excuse my ignorance on a vast number of subjects. Let me introduce myself, however. I'm a lifelong New Englander, pilot ( Been flying aerobatics all summer), aviation buff, and Jeep fanatic. I've owned a 1943 Willys MB Army Jeep for almost twenty years. Music I listen to ranges from Louis Prima to Motorhead. Lately I've been struggling with a handlebar moustache, just can't get the look I want. And darn it if playing Legos with the kids isn't still the best way to spend a rainy afternoon.

S

Samsa

Welcome to the Lounge!

I don't know anything about jeeps, but "Ace of Spades" was a fine album.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome Draftek

You'll fit in well here! Something to satisfy most everyone's interests.

I love those jeeps! Especially this one; ;)
jeepcartoon.jpg

(...and the M43!)

-dixon cannon

Speedster

Practically Family
Welcome to the Lounge.

I can very well understand being a Jeep fanatic. I was once inches from buying a Ford GPW, but i could not sell my Landcruiser.

Still hope to one day own a Willys MB or Ford GPW.

D

drafttek

Thanks for the welcome. Nice pin, Dixon. I'll have to keep my eye out for one as it will match the spare tire cover. Sorry you missed out on the GPW, Speedster. Prices are going way up on those. Hey Matt, I highly recommend lessons. Best thing you'll ever do. Do you get to fly with your friends? As for jackets, Marv, I'm an A-2 kind of guy. I wore out my original one I got in '86 after "Top Gun" came out. It was a "bomber style" not a real A-2. Now I have one from Vanson Leather. They make mostly Motorcycle leathers, full race suits and such, but they also make an awesome A-2.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, Welcome to The Lounge, from one New Englander to another. It's always great to have a new member, especially from the New England area. We're a small group, but we're lots of fun!! Whereabout New England are you from? I live in Boston.
Well, a very warm welcome, newbie :) I hope you find this place full of wonderful people, good advice, and lots more vintage goodies. Pull up a chair, we can always make room for a new chap
Daisy

drafttek said:
Hello all. Just registered and figured I'd say hi. Hi. I'm still new to this retro scene so please excuse my ignorance on a vast number of subjects. Let me introduce myself, however. I'm a lifelong New Englander, pilot ( Been flying aerobatics all summer), aviation buff, and Jeep fanatic. I've owned a 1943 Willys MB Army Jeep for almost twenty years. Music I listen to ranges from Louis Prima to Motorhead. Lately I've been struggling with a handlebar moustache, just can't get the look I want. And darn it if playing Legos with the kids isn't still the best way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Welcome!!! :) Nice to have you around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy