Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hickory Golf anyone?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've had a burning desire, unfulfilled, lo these many years, to take up the game of golf. I did 9 holes once at a resort in the Catskills 20 years ago, and so far that's been it.
But I recently bought a set of vintage hickory golf clubs on Ebay, and have decided that there's no time like the present to do things.
I haven't made it onto a course yet, but I just took my Mashie Niblick (approximately equal to a 6 iron) across the street to my park, along with 2 dozen hollow plastic practice balls, and started flailing away. Whew! What fun! But exhausting to this old couch potato.
Anyhow, here's a link to the Society of Hickory Golfers for anyone who's interested.
http://www.hickorygolfers.com/

I've had the vintage linen knickers for a couple of years now, and just picked up a nice wide linen newsboy hat, to complete the ensamble. A once used pair of modern Etonic golf shoes were all of $30 on Ebay.

Fore!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I've had a similar desire as well. But given the cost of a day on the green I think I'm going to look into wooden racket tennis first. But those hickory clubs are tempting... I've got several pairs of plus fours...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24