Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Style.

Matt Jones

Familiar Face
Matt Deckard said:
The problem with low waisted pants is...

\/
pPOLO2-2119047_standard_dt.jpg

I'd say that picture alone makes a pretty strong argument against the low-waisted look, but another important issue has been overlooked -- the fact that the model is wearing a long tie tucked into his pants. Not cool.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
It was very popular in the thirties for Hollywoodian men, i.e. Fred Astaire and Carey Grant, to tuck their tie in their trousers, but they had a level of class that went beyond the surface of their appearance, that is why fashion can try to mimick that today and something, deep inside, is missing, it's the level of class that is beyond the appearance surface of iconoclasm and appearance, it was deeper than that.

Wild Root

Gone Home
In the old days one would have to have his pants really high to tuck in a tie! Today, ties are so long you could use them to rope a steer!

The high waisted style is so far better then the "low almost dropping off one's butt and embarrassing him in the middle of a store or another public place" it's just stupid to me to have pants that fit around one's butt and not one's waist. But, I digress.

Root

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters