Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I've really been trying to get into the whole natural-waisted pant thing, but I find that being one of much bust and short of waist it only makes my bust look bigger (and possibly saggy since the waist of the pants end up only about 3" away)! Does anyone else have this problem?

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
defeated by my thighs...

I got my Freddies today (the relaxed hip classic). I was a little worried about the hip and I was right to be. The waist is good, but the hip is just barely too snug. I could probably get away with it, but it is the thigh that is the real problem. I have always had chunky inner thighs, even when I was a size 8. I'm getting the whisker pull thing from the top of my thigh.

I realized that the measurements on the site are the actual garment measurements, not your body measurement. I was pushing it since I am actually 42 in the hip and the pant is 42 (more like 41 really). So, I suppose I go up to the 34/44. The waist will be too big, but I am used to getting all my pants taken in at the waist. *sigh* Hourglass is great except when you are trying to buy stuff off the rack.

I have a question for those who have some Freddies. My worry with going up a size is that the jeans will stretch out as I wear them and I will be left with saggy butt. I know these have no lycra or spandex in them to pull that shape back. Do you find that they give a lot as you wear them?

If they were a modern cut jean, I might stay with the size I have assuming they will give out a bit. But, I don't think the really close fit jean look is right for this style. It seems to me that they should have some room in the leg and hip. Opinions?

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
miss_smith said:
I've really been trying to get into the whole natural-waisted pant thing, but I find that being one of much bust and short of waist it only makes my bust look bigger (and possibly saggy since the waist of the pants end up only about 3" away)! Does anyone else have this problem?

You really need to be in a properly fitting bra in this case. (Well, everyone should be anyway.) When the girls are up where they should be, you can get away with a higher waist on the pants. Don't underestimate the difference a good bra can make. Seriously. Really. ;)

I showed my husband my Freddies when I tried them on today and his first reaction was that they are ugly. He is so used to the low rise stuff, that he automatically thought granny pants. Then I put on my cute little short waisted Rocket Originals sweater and he said, "Oh, I get it, that does look good." So, it all depends what you pair them with.

SayCici

Practically Family
KittyT said:
No, it just means you don't have them pulled up high enough. I'm 5'3" and mine sit perfectly in the crotch.
They're sitting at my natural waist. When I first pulled them on, ALL the way up to where the crotch should sit, the waistband was up around my ribs.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
SayCici said:
They're sitting at my natural waist. When I first pulled them on, ALL the way up to where the crotch should sit, the waistband was up around my ribs.

Mine sit right below where the bottom set of ribs sticks out in the front, but I am a bit long-waisted. They really should be that high, we are just so not used to it these days. If you have them anywhere around your belly button, they are too low.

SayCici

Practically Family
That's.. bizarre. They sit a couple inches above my belly button and I'd rather have them there and be a bit drop-crotched then wear jeans and a belt around my ribcage. They don't look like they're supposed to sit that high on the website.

SayCici

Practically Family
Re-reading your comment, I think we're misinterpreting each other. When they sit high waisted like they're supposed to, yes they're right around the bottom of my ribs. But when I pull the crotch up, they're like two inches below my breasts and oompa loompa-like.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Cici, are you short waisted? That could be why they sit there. It's ok... the vintage pairs I have sit like that on me and I'm short waisted even though I'm taller.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I am wearing a good bra (I certainly paid enough for ones that fit well). I think it is more a matter of disproportion, since the rest of me is more petite sized and has always looked odd with my bust. The high waist just enhances the disproportion. This is why I like skirts that go up to directly under the bust.

kymeratale said:
You really need to be in a properly fitting bra in this case. (Well, everyone should be anyway.) When the girls are up where they should be, you can get away with a higher waist on the pants. Don't underestimate the difference a good bra can make. Seriously. Really. ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kymeratale said:
I have a question for those who have some Freddies. My worry with going up a size is that the jeans will stretch out as I wear them and I will be left with saggy butt. I know these have no lycra or spandex in them to pull that shape back. Do you find that they give a lot as you wear them?

I've found that they don't seem to give as much as many normal jeans.

Hell, my stretch jeans with lycra are the ones that give the most. When I put them on, they're skin tight on me, and after wearing them for a day or two, they're like 2 sizes too big!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
anne heywood
2953565795_23fbe9c6be.jpg

barbara eden
2937146425_99ff63b75a.jpg

Lauren

I just got my Freddies of Pinewood order and I love them! I got the overalls and the black utility and they fit great though I do have to move the buttons on the overalls as they're for someone longer waisted than me. They do have the lower rise like my vintage pairs do, but not as low as 30s and 40s trousers, and they actually fit me better than my vintage ones. They are plenty long for me to flip up once for a cuff. The hip does run small, like the other gals said. On the size chart I was 1" smaller than their given measurement and they fit me just about right as is. The waist is a little loose, but just a hair. LOVE them! I got one of their t shirts as well and it's really cute, but I probably won't order another unless they're on sale and I need more jeans. The jeans fit much better than any modern pair I have, and I have a heck of a time finding ANY jeans since I'm not curvy and have a long inseam. Now I know where to go if I'm looking for another pair of jeans. :cheers1:

Inky

One Too Many
I received my overalls as well and they fit me fine - but I ordered a size larger than I would have purchased ordinarily based on the reviews. I have to move the buttons on mine as well, Lauren! they are made for someone with a very long waist - even my bosom doesn't take up enough room, haha.

Lauren

Oh, good! I thought I was short waisted but not THAT short waisted! Haha! I seriously shortened the straps 5" in length. lol

SayCici

Practically Family
Lauren said:
Cici, are you short waisted? That could be why they sit there. It's ok... the vintage pairs I have sit like that on me and I'm short waisted even though I'm taller.
I never thought of that but I must be! I bet that striped top you got looks awfully cute on you! I thought about getting one of their cute tops but I was already splurging. :p

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Yeah! Pics! Prove to me that Freddies are cute and aren't mom jeans that give you front butt. PROVE IT!

I'm usually pretty up on my lingo, but what pray tell is front butt? It sounds like something I need to know about.

They really aren't mom jeans. I was worried about that too, but they are *obviously* high waisted as a style. With the wide leg and pockets on the back and lack of pleats, I think they steer well clear. I would post pics, but I have to exchange mine (unless someone wants a pair of black classic 32/42) and then figure out how to do pics.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So does someone want to break down the sizing issues on the Freddies? I'm confused. How do they run?

kymeratale said:
I'm usually pretty up on my lingo, but what pray tell is front butt? It sounds like something I need to know about.

Oh, you know...just emphasizing the lower tummy area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo