Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

Smuterella

One Too Many
they definitely used to run large, my 28" classics bought two years ago are a 30" waist. I have just ordered the overalls and should get them this evening. On ordered I asked them about sizing and they admitted they used to be a bit on the large side but say they now run true to size. I'll let you know tonight after I've tried them on!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
So does someone want to break down the sizing issues on the Freddies? I'm confused. How do they run?

Oh, you know...just emphasizing the lower tummy area.
10 inch difference between waist and hip 26/36 28/38 and so on so if you are like me and have a big difference you will have a gaping waist.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I'm pretty sure the hip measurement is actually the finished hip measurement. I'd order a size bigger if your hip is the same as the size chart.

I'll post a picture of myself in the pants later... we're having quite rainy weather so it's a dark day, and I have allergies that make me look... less than normal. lol

Smuterella

One Too Many
Right, got the overalls tonight, they are a million times better than the pictures! They should be a 28/28 but they are more like a 29/38.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Some pictures

I just got my grey Dungarees last night so I took pictures of them and my black Classics. I bought yhe relaxed fit because I like a trouser look, but I think I want to try a narrower fit pair as these bag out a bit around my thighs. I am not "styled" in any way, so I don't know how long I'll leave these photos up! lol

photo-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
I think the dungarees are adorable and look better than they show in my bad photos. My husband likes both of these on me. FYI, I am very long waisted and 5'6", and I will have to move the buttons up about 3" to shorten the straps. Let me know if I should upload the photos larger.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
So does someone want to break down the sizing issues on the Freddies? I'm confused. How do they run?

The measurements on the web site are the actual garment measurements. I ordered a 32/42. The waist is 32 dead on, the hips are a little shy of 42, say 41 1/2. Since I am 31/42, I need to get the next size up on the hip.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Cute overall photos

I should put these in the Rosie thread. These are pretty cute, and I like her hat. Cute shirt!

young-woman-overalls_~x19705477.jpg

young-woman-overalls_~x17989580.jpg

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Thanks Cici. Yours look super cute! I think your are not pulled up as high as mine, so that might be why the crotch seems low. But I also think the way you wear them looks better on you, so if it doesn't bother you, you should probably just wear them lower!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Girls you look lovely in your Freddies! Please post more pics (Smuterella). I just posted this in another thread and thought it might be useful here as well:

Lately I've been feeling more 60s than 40s (I've always been a 50s girl). This goes for hair, make-up, and last but not least pants. I haven't felt like wearing my FoP dungarees or my VoH trousers, I drown in them. I ordered a pair of black slacks from Bettie Page Clothing, and absolutely fell in love! So I ordered another pair in plaid as well.
I'm 5'4'' (163 cm) and they're a perfect length. The fabric is thick and perfect for colder weather (unlike my skimpy capris). The waist is high and the legs are cuffed. They have a front zipper that may not be period accurate, but I don't care. The front of the leg has a crease, I'm not sure why, maybe the cloth drapes better that way? It's the same kind as in the Saks ad I've included.

b1.jpg
b2.jpg

saksslacks.jpg

they make me feel like Sandra Dee in this pic:
SandraDeerutigabrallor-1.jpg

in black:
index.bvi

link to shop:
http://www.bettiepageclothing.com/products/SEPARATES/?productid=270&continueShoppingPage=%2Fproducts%2FSEPARATES%2F

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
jetgirl said:
I just got my grey Dungarees last night so I took pictures of them and my black Classics. I bought yhe relaxed fit because I like a trouser look, but I think I want to try a narrower fit pair as these bag out a bit around my thighs. I am not "styled" in any way, so I don't know how long I'll leave these photos up! lol

photo-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg
Which style of Freddies (the pants not the overall) did you buy? I like the look of those :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo