Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

Inky

One Too Many
23SkidooWithYou said:
Inky,

Since you're only 5'4", did you hem them from the original 34" length?

I have you beat by 1/4" and my work scrubs are typically a 31" inseam. I'm just wondering if 3 inches of fabric is too too much to cuff up.

No, I didn't hem them at all, just rolled up the cuff twice to get an inseam of 29.5 inches (I happen to plan to wear them when we go out tonight so they were handy, lol).

I hope that helps - I love them!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Hey hey! No hemming, just rolling. I can do that!

Thanks for the quick reply...you're the best!

Edited to say: I just ordered the Grey Classics relaxed fit in 38/48. I think I might have gotten away with the 36/46 but didn't want to push the limit (in the hips) with my first venture in vintage styled denim. I also ordered the Grey Dungaree Dolls in 38.

I really wanted the pedal pushers, but I think the cut is too slim in the legs for me just now.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Inky said:
Here I am wearing the Freddies Black Classic relaxed fit. I am wearing the size 38. I am 5'4" and wear a 38D bra. I have short legs, am average in waist length and typically wear a modern 14/16 or L/XL depending on the manufacturer of course.

I really like these dungarees and I think when I drop off the 10 pounds I have left from the 17 I gained last year, they'll be a bit looser in the hip and that will be good - between the underpants and the tucked in blouse, things were snug, lol.

4316506114_1aa5819e6d.jpg

and only because I love you gals, a shot of my rear (and my cat's as well - he's lost 3 pounds, go Boo!!).

4316506376_c71a8da900.jpg

I don't know which I love more: the jeans, or Inky in the jeans. You do casual very well! and I particulary love the pop of red provided by the saddle shoes.

crwritt

One Too Many
After reading this thread I just ordered from Freddie's. I'm getting the Grey classics (on sale!) in 36 waist, 44 hip. I also ordered the diagonal black& white stripe top (also on sale) in size Large. My measurements are 44 bust 36 waist 43 hip, I think I got the right size on the jeans, wondering if anyone has worn the tops, any clue as to the fiber content?(or sizing)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
crwritt said:
After reading this thread I just ordered from Freddie's. I'm getting the Grey classics (on sale!) in 36 waist, 44 hip. I also ordered the diagonal black& white stripe top (also on sale) in size Large. My measurements are 44 bust 36 waist 43 hip, I think I got the right size on the jeans, wondering if anyone has worn the tops, any clue as to the fiber content?(or sizing)

I got the same pair of Freddie's!
I think you will love them. Mine came the other day and I had nothing but good things to say. Honestly, I can't believe how much better I look in a vintage jean than I do in modern day 5 pocket styles! I haven't tried the shirts. They look cute, but a little close cut on the model for my preference. I can't tell if that's the way they're made to be, or if that was just how the model chose to wear it. You will have to promise us a review when you get it!

crwritt

One Too Many
23SkidooWithYou said:
I got the same pair of Freddie's!
I think you will love them. Mine came the other day and I had nothing but good things to say. Honestly, I can't believe how much better I look in a vintage jean than I do in modern day 5 pocket styles! I haven't tried the shirts. They look cute, but a little close cut on the model for my preference. I can't tell if that's the way they're made to be, or if that was just how the model chose to wear it. You will have to promise us a review when you get it!
They just came! They feel great on, it takes awhile for me to get used to such a high waist. I may tailor them a little in the rise, but otherwise very comfy.
The diagonal stripe top looked tiny when I took it out of the package, but it is very stretchy, and also fits beautifully.I chose size large, I have a 44 bust, and I don't think I could have gone any smaller.

amaranta

New in Town
Cute Cheap Jeans

Hi Ladies, this is actually my first post!
I thought i should share this find: I found these really cute jeans at Walmart. They're not super high waisted, but they have a vintagy/ navy fit, good for an everyday look.
And they cost 15 $ and are made from organic cotton!!!
What else can you ask for?

Inky

One Too Many
amaranta said:
Hi Ladies, this is actually my first post!
I thought i should share this find: I found these really cute jeans at Walmart. They're not super high waisted, but they have a vintagy/ navy fit, good for an everyday look.
And they cost 15 $ and are made from organic cotton!!!
What else can you ask for?

A photo or shopping link so we can see them!! :)

hi and welcome to the lounge, Amaranta!!

crwritt

One Too Many
Musty smell?

23SkidooWithYou

Since we ordered the same pants, I'd like to ask you: did you notice a musty smell with your grey Freddies?
I've washed mine three times now, (once in hot water) to soften them up and
get them to shrink a little. They shrunk just enough, then I altered the rise about 1 inch, so I'm happy with the fit.
At first I thought the smell was from something in my car, kind of a "pond" smell, (which is funny to me because they came from across the pond.)
Three washes , fabric softener and all, and they still give off a pondy aroma as soon as I have worn them an hour or so.
Or maybe the whole vintage repro thing includes a "vintage" smell?

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
crwritt said:
23SkidooWithYou

Since we ordered the same pants, I'd like to ask you: did you notice a musty smell with your grey Freddies?
get them to shrink a little. They shrunk just enough, then I altered the rise about 1 inch, so I'm happy with the fit.
At first I thought the smell was from something in my car, kind of a "pond" smell, (which is funny to me because they came from across the pond.)
Three washes , fabric softener and all, and they still give off a pondy aroma as soon as I have worn them an hour or so.

I haven't even washed mine yet because I can't wear them until my new shoes arrive. I just gave them a big sniff and I don't smell a thing. When I first opened my package, there was an olfactory offender that turned out to be the bandana print pocket square tucked in the bib of the dungaree dolls. I'm familiar with the smell as that of fabric dye. My first job was with JCPenney and that summer they did a big collection "Expidition India" of summer cottons. It was the same fabric dye smell I remembered from all those years ago. That stuff wreaked coming off the loading docks and stunk up the whole store for a day or so until it aired out.

We have a de-skunking dog shampoo recipe where I work. It mentions that you can use baking soda in your wash to get any transfer smell out of your clothing. Now, I'm not sure if it would do anything to your Freddie's or not, but if you test a spot and they are colorfast, maybe that would help? [huh]

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
crwritt said:
23SkidooWithYou

I also got one of the striped shirts and mine definitely had a musty smell. I washed it and it mostly went away. My jeans didn't, though. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy