Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

W-D Forties

Practically Family
front-8.jpg

I finished a pair of 40s high waisted jeans a bit ago. They are too large, so Im thinking of selling them, or adding belt loops. I haven't decided. :eek:hwell:

LD

Ohh, those are great, I love all the buttons! What pattern is that LD?

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Lauren, I have just been browsing your store and I LOVE the 30's sports togs pattern! The question I have is how does the US sizing work compared to UK, I am a size 12-14 in the UK, would this be a US 8-10? And if I take into account the vintage sizing, would I be better making the 14?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hiya!
I'm actually not that familiar with modern RTW sizing- and it varies a lot from maker to maker. I think your best bet would be to take your measurements and compare them with the measurements given (in inches) and go by your largest measurement. Some of the gals say the pattern runs a bit snug.
Thanks so much! So glad you like the store and the pattern!! :D

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
ashley-greene.jpg

The ones Anne Hathaway (in the middle) is wearing look an awful lot like my Freddies. I know the 70s thing is cool right now, but it is nice to see the more 40s/50s ones too.

maisie

Practically Family
ashley-greene.jpg

The ones Anne Hathaway (in the middle) is wearing look an awful lot like my Freddies. I know the 70s thing is cool right now, but it is nice to see the more 40s/50s ones too.

I think they are freddies, she was quoted saying in a fashion magazine that they are her favorite brand jeans at the moment!

I personally like the look of the brown jeans they have on their website at the moment. They are made out of brown brushed gaberdine apperently, has anyone bought a pair? If so what are they like?

http://www.freddiesofpinewood.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=brownsidebutton

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
Holy smokes ladies- I haven't been on here and ages and come back to find this amazing post! So psyched to know about Freddie's jeans! I recently got the Bernie Dexter dungarees and i feel like the crotch fits weird (though her siren capris are fantastic). They were comfortable enough, so i kept them. I have the sailor slacks from Tara Starlet and i think they're pretty worth the $$, but i did have to hem them quite a bit.

Kiri, can't wait to see those Freddie's pictures!
Please say you'll post a picture of you wearing your Bernie Dexter dungarees! I've thought about purchasing a pair of them, but would like to see how they look on "normal" people first, if you know what I mean. They do look quite cute on the site.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LOVE those last two, Cherry Lips! I picked up some pretty obnoxious orange/red vintage fabric at a thrift store so was thinking of similar looks for summer- pairing the wild top with slim pants.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
LOVE those last two, Cherry Lips! I picked up some pretty obnoxious orange/red vintage fabric at a thrift store so was thinking of similar looks for summer- pairing the wild top with slim pants.
Sounds delicious! Please post pics of you wearing them. I love the last pic, she's such a diva!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW