Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
tumblr_l69jk5EP381qaua9bo1_500.jpg

http://mademoisellebardot.tumblr.com

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Funny, I had no problem with high waisted jeans and pants in my youth...
Having had 3 kids and despite my current weight/shape, I still can't find any that fit right. I am quite short waisted and large busted.

crwritt

One Too Many
Funny, I had no problem with high waisted jeans and pants in my youth...
Having had 3 kids and despite my current weight/shape, I still can't find any that fit right. I am quite short waisted and large busted.

Have you tried petite sizes? They might fit better.

I just bought a couple pair of Levis 512 and they fit great! They are boot cut and fit at the waist.
41waRHiGeuL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Levis-Womens-Petite-Perfectly-Slimming/dp/B0018QZX8Y/ref=pd_sbs_a_3

I got them at BJ's wholesale club for$20.

Last edited:

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
sailor pants!

Hi ladies;
I recently got a complete WWII sailor uniform on ebay-- shirt, cap, wool pants, and white deck pants! I'm so smitten with these sailor trousers; they have perfect little anchor buttons, of course, and are surprisingly flattering for men's wear. The former owner (one "R. Tinsley", according to the labels) must've been tiny, as they have a 26" waist and 30" inseam.

Berlin

Practically Family
Hi ladies;
I recently got a complete WWII sailor uniform on ebay-- shirt, cap, wool pants, and white deck pants! I'm so smitten with these sailor trousers; they have perfect little anchor buttons, of course, and are surprisingly flattering for men's wear. The former owner (one "R. Tinsley", according to the labels) must've been tiny, as they have a 26" waist and 30" inseam.

You look amazing in those and your blouse; wow!!

crwritt

One Too Many
Petite doesn't work for me because i've got long legs ;-)
I don't wear petite myself but I remember someone telling me that with pants, petite means shorter in the rise,
(short waisted) not necessarily shorter legs.
I think you just have to try on all kinds of pants till you find some that fit. I was super lucky, just
grabbed some size 12 M off the shelf and they fit exactly right.A rare occurrence.

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
RodeoRose, I'm jealous of all your wonderful nautical-flavored pieces. You look great in those pants as well as the outfit in the sailor dress thread.

I have a pair of wide-legged jeans I stumbled across in Marshall's a few years ago by a company called jeanstar. They sit at my waist and I love them.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
YES! Rick rack!
Making a mental note to make a pair of those. Maybe leave off the thick trim at the knee, though... that looks uncomfortable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider