Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

lyburnum

Practically Family
It completely varies by brand. Some are two inches below, my high waisted levis are about an inch below, but then Top Shop's high waisted and Cheap Monday high waisted sit on the natural waist. That's why it's important to try them on, as what may be called high waisted may not compare well to a vintage high waist.

Naama

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
Top Shop make some more reasonably priced high waisted corset jeans

02X04SIND_large.jpg

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/s...category_rn=115935&productId=531581&langId=-1

I wonder why most of those high waisted pants have this strange seam where usually low waistet pants end/ start, is it clear what I mean?

I would like to have some whitout that :/ But I'm surely not going to order pants, because I think I have to try them on first! Especially high waisted!

Naama

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Johanna, those high waisted cigarette pants you posted are amazing!

pigeon toe said:
Maybe try Urban Outfitters (urbn.com)? I don't know if they ship internationally, but they carry the brand Lux which makes good high waisted jeans.

The reason why I like Lux as opposed to Acne or Cheap Monday is because they are cut for women with hips. My friend, who is very slim and has no hips, can easily wear Cheap Mondays while I can't even get them past my thighs!

Would you mind telling me some brands that offer jeans for women with hips?
I know a lot of people recommend Levi's, but they make me look fat & short instead of curvy :rolleyes: I am loving the idea of CM, but there's no way I will ever fit in :eusa_doh: Oh how easy it is to make me think that I have hips like a hippo lol

Jovan

Suspended
Naama said:
I wonder why most of those high waisted pants have this strange seam where usually low waistet pants end/ start, is it clear what I mean?
Probably because they don't want to change their production methods just yet and adding the fabric there is a cheaper way to go if these don't come back in style for the long run. (I certainly think they will... so many of my female friends complain about everything being low rise and there being little choice nowadays.) I could be completely wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time something was done to cut corners but is marketed as a "style detail." [huh]

Now, if only high waisted jeans would come back in style for men! Even the ones that claim to be regular fit are like three inches below my navel. :mad:

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Naama said:

I would like to have some whitout that :/ But I'm surely not going to order pants, because I think I have to try them on first! Especially high waisted!

Naama

I don't like that either. It sort of gives them the look of being low waisted even if they're not. And it makes the pants look very un-50s, which is what I'm looking for. Most of the pants here also seem to sit just a teeny bit below the actual waist, which means cinching the waist with a belt won't work, and I need that since I'm too skinny to look curvy without cinching the waist.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Naama said:

Naama

The Parasuco ones didn't have that seam.

They were, however, cut VERY slightly below my natural waist. I don't think it was intentional, though, because I have a long torso (and legs, and arms...hell, I'm just gangly!). I loved the jeans, but ended up selling them after I gained some weight in my hips. I don't know if they still sell that cut!

Smuterella

One Too Many
I think its a real shame you can only get the corset waist style, i really want some tight blue jeans with side zips.

something like these

marilyn_scarlett.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Goldfish said:
Would you mind telling me some brands that offer jeans for women with hips?
I know a lot of people recommend Levi's, but they make me look fat & short instead of curvy :rolleyes: I am loving the idea of CM, but there's no way I will ever fit in :eusa_doh: Oh how easy it is to make me think that I have hips like a hippo lol

Lux is a good brand, and most of their jeans have a stretch to them too. They come in a variety of different waist lengths so you can find one that works for you!

I also bought a pair of Imitation of Christ jeans (not the exact pair Scarlett Johansen is wearing in the picture above, but the same brand). They were normally over $200, but I got them for $60 on shopbop.com. Shopbop usually has a lot of high end/designer stuff, which usually includes high-waisted jeans, and they have great sales.

J Brand, Acne and Cheap Monday, as far as I can tell, aren't cut for ladies with hips.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Levi's 512 Jeans

I have been looking for a high waist jean for tall gals (I'm 5' 10"). I mail ordered some 512 jeans and love them! They sit at my true waist! None of this low rise nonsense! And a size "long" is just right for me which is a 34" inseam. Now they do have a stretchchy slimming thing but you needn't need it to have a good fit!

I also noticed they have a reissue of these 1966 skinny jeans!

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3152310&cp=3146849.3146879.3146880.3146896

I'm thinking about it...

Can anyone suggest other sources for retro high or at the waist jeans that come in tall sizes?

Edit: Moderator thanks for merging my post into this thread. I checked Victoria's Secret for high waist jeans but they no longer carry them! Also, this "trend" that was in the original post by carebear never seemed to stick. It's still very hard to find natural or high waist jeans/slacks!

zendy

A-List Customer
I'm glad this thread is back. I have been searching, but no luck. I'm quite curvy and love the cigarette look more than the wide leg, any suggestions?

lindylady

A-List Customer
PrettySquareGal said:
I have been looking for a high waist jean for tall gals (I'm 5' 10"). I mail ordered some 512 jeans and love them! They sit at my true waist! None of this low rise nonsense! And a size "long" is just right for me which is a 34" inseam. Now they do have a stretchchy slimming thing but you needn't need it to have a good fit!

I also noticed they have a reissue of these 1966 skinny jeans!

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3152310&cp=3146849.3146879.3146880.3146896

I'm thinking about it...

Can anyone suggest other sources for retro high or at the waist jeans that come in tall sizes?

Edit: Moderator thanks for merging my post into this thread. I checked Victoria's Secret for high waist jeans but they no longer carry them! Also, this "trend" that was in the original post by carebear never seemed to stick. It's still very hard to find natural or high waist jeans/slacks!

Sometimes H&M offers high waist jeans and trousers. Even though they don't size them by height (i.e. 10 petite, 10 average, 10 tall), I managed to fit into them nicely. I'm 5'11 by the way, and also wear a 34' inseam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot