Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

zendy

A-List Customer
I love my pair and I agree with the fact that they are hard wearing. My problem is that they magically bleached (pure white not that yellowish jeans usually go to) in the back in some spots around the calf. I know it wasn't from my laundry because I hand wash them in the tub. I'm still trying to figure it out.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I sent photos of the problem to Freddie's and they offered to Paypal me $20 to pay for the repair. This is fine, except that the real problem cannot be repaired, as it involves permanent damage to the fabric. When I pointed this out to her, she got snippy: "i dont understand - what do you want? we offered $20 refund for a $45 pair of Twill (not denim) jeans".

I understand that they are not denim, but twill, but that still does not excuse the fact that there is permanent damage to an item (that cost $60, not $45) which appears to be from either shoddy materials or poor workmanship, and not normal wear and tear, as evidenced by the fact that I've not worn these very much. Since I'm desperately in need of a new pair of jeans and not in any position to pay $100 for a pair of Queen of Heartz dungarees, I've suggested she issue me the $20 as a credit toward another purchase in the near future, which I will make in faith based on the raving assurances of quality that I've seen here.

Anyway consider this my recommendation against their twill trousers.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
genemarteau.jpg

December

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Anyway consider this my recommendation against their twill trousers.

Are these the Black Casual ones? They're also made of twill.

I have them and I wouldn't recommend them either. They don't have a button at the top of the fly, so it constantly falls down, especially when I sit down. It's particularly embarassing when in public and you stand up to find the fly of the trousers wide open lol

I'm still thinking of buying a pair of their normal jeans though, as they have such rave reviews.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
December said:
Are these the Black Casual ones? They're also made of twill.

No, they are the red blue "jeans". They have a traditional side zipper and button at the waist band.

I have them and I wouldn't recommend them either. They don't have a button at the top of the fly, so it constantly falls down, especially when I sit down. It's particularly embarassing when in public and you stand up to find the fly of the trousers wide open lol

Sew a small button to the waistband at the top of a zipper. Then go to your local beauty supply store and get a package of small, black rubber bands, the type used to tie off small braids. Pinch the rubber band, slide one end through the zipper pull, then loop the other end through it and pull to secure it. Now you have a rubber band loop attached to your zipper. When you pull your zipper up, loop that rubber band over the button you've attached.

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
got these on ebay a while back...had to sew in the waist and sides as they were a bit too big on me...they didnt have a tag...looked like someone cut it off so I have no clue where to get more :/
pants.jpg

MarieAnne

Practically Family
...sigh*...I'm so sick of low rise pants...
When I make my first pair of pants from PatternMaster, I will be coming here for ideas.

ArtGirl

New in Town
I'm only just now getting around to posting on here for something like my fourth post (I recognize some of you! Hi!) Thank you so much for this thread. I've bookmarked several pairs of pants and I'm crossing my fingers about the Walmart ones that Amaranta mentioned, though they look a little bit lower in the rise than I want. I found them, here:

Faded Glory Relaxed Fit Jeans

The Petite Version (YAHOO! I'm 5'1")

The Dark Wash Version

I really hate the idea of supporting Walmart but I Googled around and couldn't find these anywhere else. Ordering one of each wash in a size 4 and crossing my fingers they'll fit, AND fit the bill!

Now, what I'm REALLY looking for is a SNUG fitting flat front pair of high waisted jeans that is NOT a capri and is NOT a cigarette leg jean (which always make me look dumpy because I'm short). What I'd prefer is a straight leg or a boot cut so they still look 1950s bad-girl rather than 40s since I have plenty of wide leg trousers at this point (I got very lucky and stocked up a little while back when wide-leg high waisted pants had a small resurgence for like, a minute). I think this may just be an impossible request :-(

ArtGirl

New in Town
Oh BTW, do you gals know about Kim of Nudeedudee? She makes the cutest clothing, much of it out of vintage fabrics. She made me two button down shirts out of feedsack cotton and these pants, which turned out so cute:

High Waisted Side Button Slacks-that's my pair in the first pic!

She also makes several styles of super duper cute overalls:

One Example of a jumper with Heart Pockets

There is also another shop on Etsy called Jitterbuggin who makes blouses and pants and cute overalls, too:

Wide Leg Pants and Halter Set

Red Overalls

ArtGirl

New in Town
BTW my boyfriend hates those high waisted side button pants I linked and the combo of my cute feedsack blouses (one is a hawaiian print and the other is a multicolored feather print). He says I look like an old person living in Florida. lol

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Hey KittyT, the Rumble 59 page says:

"These jeans sit perfectly. They are cut to fit a woman's body well, and make a great figure. They have/are/contain stretch fabric and are comfortable.

- the material is the best dark blue denim, you won't need to prewash.
- loose and comfortable to wear
- The cuff height is not set, so you can choose
- the cut, and high waist make you look taller
- the sides have buttons to close with
- large round pockets complete the look
- [something I make no sense of, ending with:] If you want to cuff more, buy longer jeans.

- manufactured to the best environment standards, no extra chemicals or bleaches used."

HA! Look the old brain still works!

Blondie

Practically Family
WOW thank you ArtGirl,
thanks so much for sharing all those links, looks like you have been hard at work researching !!! I will be busy for the next few hours going through all of them, i really appreciate you taking the time to do this !!! YOU ROCK !!!
How did your Etsy cutsom stuff work out for you ? any fit problems ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails