Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

HannahJane

Familiar Face
MaryDeluxe said:
In my opinion, nothing beats a pair of vintage sailor pants! I love em because they have an adjustable waist and if you get them pre-1970's, a nice wide, straight leg! You can still find them out there on Ebay and Etsy at a variety of prices. I found this WWII pair at an auction this past winter.

4532371204_d87451b677.jpg

Oh my, these have inspired a massive amount of trouser envy in me! They are amazing and they look really good on you.

Edith

New in Town
*top secret* (?)

Hello,

I'm very new here to the forum, and very excited to find so much information.
This is my first post, but i thought i have to share this with you ladies!

I actually found some amazingly vintagy-looking clothes at our local army/navy surplus shop. I got myself a pair of navy uniform trousers. They look like slacks from the 30s to me! I haven't had time yet to look through the forum, so i'm not sure if this is news to you, but i nearly fell over when i found out that these uniforms actually meet the vintagey look quite well.

I try to take a picture soon to show you.

Have a nice day ladies!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Edith said:
I actually found some amazingly vintagy-looking clothes at our local army/navy surplus shop. I got myself a pair of navy uniform trousers.

Welcome, Edith! Good to have you along! I have a pair of wool army dress pants. They are not necessarily high-waisted, but once I tailored them in a bit, they fit like a dream and wear like iron! I practically live in them all winter. I'll have to look for navy slacks now!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Today I got a pair of the Stop Staring Allie's Jeans
ckc6.jpg
ckc6cl.jpg

Aside from the exorbitant customs charge I am very happy with them! Fine, lightweight denim and a really nice fit.

Obviously those are not pictures of me - they are from the Daddy-o's website and I have a suspicion that it is Bernie Dexter's bottom.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Nice jeans!
I have just ordered a pair of button side jeans from Freddie's of Pinewood, although I'm in-between sizes so I've had to take a guess at which will be the best fit... I'm on a diet until they arrive!

Lillemor

One Too Many
cherry lips said:

The other day I thought of how strange it is that most female celebrities I've decided to take a dislike to, wear styles similar to what I may wear. Such as Brigitte in this outfit, Ann-Margret and Sandra Dee have also been seen in styles I wear or would wear. I think I need to analyze this one on a deeper level.:eek: :eek:fftopic:

Some of these so called high waisted styles look normal waisted to me. I buy most of my pants in stores where grandmothers buy clothes because they also often suit petite lengths without the requirement of hemming.

I want a pair of those Stop Staring Allie's Jeans! They're the perfect balance between not too tight and modern and not so loose they're unflattering to my eyes. I just know that everyone will ask me to have them hemmed up because "that would elongate your legs".:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails