Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwaisted pants

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
hehehehe... -don't worry, it's all long since done, and I'm not taking anything back to him - not vintage, anyway. Modern stuff he's great at, but vintage stuff just puzzles him for some reason.

I just had to have him let an inch back OUT in the legs, so I was patient when I realized there was no good in ranting at that point. Damage done, zipper shortened, but no great change. Just a nonsensical departure from it's original configuration. Bleah. The suit you saw me in Friday at the QM (or were you only there Saturday?) is done, and doesn't need any more work. ;) He will not touch it again - promise.

J

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
Oh man, don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t you guys know? The zipper is on the other side, and women sizes run smaller then men?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s!

=WR=

Well, after finding out in that Powder Room thread that the average British female has a 34 inch waist I doubt the sizing issue with womens' clothing would be much of a problem. If you could somehow convert the retarded womens sizing conventions to actual waist size I bet a man could easily wear those pants if he didn't mind the small cuffs as you say.

Wild Root

Gone Home
This is true, but, they'll fit differently I'll bet a bank roll on it.

When something is cut for a woman, it's not going to fit a man's figure very well. But hey, if you want to buy a pair, go for it. Oh, if you have a 34 waist and you're having a problem finding original vintage in that size, you're not looking very hard. That is a rather easy size to find so, if you want good vintage looking pants in small sizes, buy the real deal friends! Trust me, you'll save some money and wont be wearing women's pants!;)

=WR=

PS. I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t' think the hem is really that pegged, it's the photos that make them look Zoot. I remember hearing that they are very true to real 40's men's slacks in the overall cut. Just a crapy angle that's all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters