Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hilarious Scottish comedian / who are your favorites?

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Just ran across a hilarious new (to me) Scottish comedian on YouTube, & wondered:
Who are your modern favorite comedians (if any)?

Also, what do you think of this Mark Day?: (his material seems rated G)

Recent skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEsaOoji-uI

(full list: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MarkDayComedy )

MarkDayMySpace-ScriggityExplained251-449.jpg

Roaring Days

Familiar Face
Here in Melbourne Aust we have a Comedy festival every year for about 2 weeks. This year my wife went to see Dave Hughes and we both went to see Wil Anderson, both Australian and very funny, The festival has comics from all over the world and is a huge drawcard for Melbourne. My Fav comic of all time would be Billy Connelly, I had the pleasure of seeing him in Canberra a few years back and his ability to have you laughing from the moment he steps out on stage is amazing, we also have had his 'travelling specials' here in Aust quite a bit and have found him to be an interesting person, this and reading his biography, penned by his wife (also an Aussie). Billy is my vote, but if you are looking for a great 2 weeks of comedy, check out the Festival in Melbourne, April 2008

Cheers

S

Samsa

I'm rather fond of Jim Gaffigan, especially his "Beyond the Pale" special.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
My fave comic of all time...

Billy Connolly would have to be in there, saw him live in Auckland in the mid 90s and nearly wet my pants. His early shows are good too, worth hunting for vids/dvds of them.

Saw a hilarious West Indian bloke from London awhile ago and sadly can't remember his name. He was as dry as a chip and dangerously, stupidly funny (actually Roaring Days I think that he toured Oz, do you know the chap?)

By the way Roaring Days Billy's wife is a Kiwi not an Aussie, she's from my neck of the woods ;)

Craig Ferguson is surprisingly good - his genre is not well known for producing comedy of high quality (other than Letterman who very rarely has a good comedy piece, i can think of no others who are actually funny).

Rikki Fulton is close to the top for 'Francie and Josie'

Of course Connolly.

Modern TV comedy ist would see Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill near the top along with Gregor Fisher

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner