Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros. Grizzly Jacket Review

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Grizzly's a jacket that seems strange when you first see one but becomes more attractive the more you get used to the idea, especially with one as nice as Dude's. One combo I'd like to see more of is leather and tweed. I remember reading about a shop in Argentina that specialized in it: I was tempted to fly on down and check it out.

The Grizzly's a jacket that seems strange when you first see one but becomes more attractive the more you get used to the idea, especially with one as nice as Dude's. One combo I'd like to see more of is leather and tweed. I remember reading about a shop in Argentina that specialized in it: I was tempted to fly on down and check it out.
I agree. Dudes is way more a fitted looking and sleek than the furry variety. Looks a lot more organic and natural to me. I do like the furry ones too but lack the balls to even remotely consider it. The mixed wool/leather jackets are super cool. I love the TB wool Bootlegger and half belt styles. Himmel has a Canuck patterned that way too.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I agree. Dudes is way more a fitted looking and sleek than the furry variety. Looks a lot more organic and natural to me. I do like the furry ones too but lack the balls to even remotely consider it. The mixed wool/leather jackets are super cool. I love the TB wool Bootlegger and half belt styles. Himmel has a Canuck patterned that way too.
Yeah I could see leather and tweed working very well.

I don't think I could ever buy one of the fuzzy griz jackets. They look great on some people, but are even more out there than my jacket! :D

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd forgotten about those. When the cooler weather comes, one of my favorite combos is a pair of bottle-green cords, a brown herringbone Harris Tweed vest, a tie, and my brown Aero LHB. I get quite a few comments when I wear it, as people down here think of leather jackets as strictly a biker thing. I tell them to live and learn.

Yeah I could see leather and tweed working very well.

I don't think I could ever buy one of the fuzzy griz jackets. They look great on some people, but are even more out there than my jacket! :D
They are. The SJC jacket I really dug. Shawl collar, black leather and mouton fur. I could see myself wearing it. But just couldn't muster the stones to make it mine. One day tho...

Edward

Bartender
They are. The SJC jacket I really dug. Shawl collar, black leather and mouton fur. I could see myself wearing it. But just couldn't muster the stones to make it mine. One day tho...

I was tmepted by that one myself, but in the end I decided I wanted one with the mouton panels on the front extending further down rather than stopping halfway. The brown one looks even better than the black, though.

I was tmepted by that one myself, but in the end I decided I wanted one with the mouton panels on the front extending further down rather than stopping halfway. The brown one looks even better than the black, though.
I never saw the brown one...but I think you are right about the front panels...The halter top look of the shorter panels might not work so well. I don't know...

How about this one?
35NSJAg.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I never saw the brown one...but I think you are right about the front panels...The halter top look of the shorter panels might not work so well. I don't know...

It's a personal taste thing, really, whether it works - it's certainly 'vintage accurate' (based on the same 30s example as the Himmel model, though each have chosen some slightly different details). I'm just enough on the fence as to hold back for now, but I know if it was a longer front panel I'd be likely to be won over.

How about this one?
35NSJAg.jpg

I like it, though I'm not sure it really qualifies as a grizzly, as opposed to a furry jacket with a bit of leather trim! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21