Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros jacket, 1st winter update

Are these lunatics actually selling their own advertising promo poster!?

https://himelbros.com/collections/n...viberg-1915-infantry-boot-posters-1st-edition

Himel-Viberg-Poster-TrimLR-520-740_400x.png

Rgcards

A-List Customer
Just to point out. I know a case of another tel member who received a langlitz ship John rough out with mismatched colors. By his account he tried to convince himself that the jacket was ok , but eventually called langlitz saying he couldn’t wear it. After a little while they sourced some new rough out and made him a new jacket. I had good experience with schott when I had a small seam stitch break on an 18 month old jacket. Many people here would say that a schott jacket is a jockey compared to himel. That’s not my experience. The difference between what’s reasonable and what it takes to please a customer

Nacho

Practically Family
Just to point out. I know a case of another tel member who received a langlitz ship John rough out with mismatched colors. By his account he tried to convince himself that the jacket was ok , but eventually called langlitz saying he couldn’t wear it. After a little while they sourced some new rough out and made him a new jacket. I had good experience with schott when I had a small seam stitch break on an 18 month old jacket. Many people here would say that a schott jacket is a jockey compared to himel. That’s not my experience. The difference between what’s reasonable and what it takes to please a customer
Just wanna chime in in regards to my exp with Schott recently.

I was looking to buy a few star studs to add to my 618. Looked around Etsy but couldn’t justify paying $20 for a bag of 50.

So I contacted Schott to see if they’d sell me some. To my surprise, they sent me a set free of charge. The package arrived here in Canada in 1 week time with a lovely note to boot.

I ain’t even buying a jacket. But little thing like that is what wins you over as a future customer.

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Langlitz stand behind their product as opposed to Himel who makes excuses and blames you for even complaining... the nerve!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
with vegetable tanned leather, thin cotton thread, and probably cotton zippertape, you better don't try to abuse it like a vanson or schott, I think you might pop few stitches and probably shrink or distort the jacket if you wear it often in a downpour

their advertisement poster print is more expensive than each of my denim jackets
.... hell, and some very very decent leather jackets as well....:)

Damon141

Practically Family
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that rarely do you see a "beat ''em up himel"
Infact you can scour eBay, grailed and the classifieds here and notice that most are barely worn. These are $2,650 jackets, the vast majority are not going to abuse something like that.

Just a few that will most likely see elements, Lost Worlds, Vanson, and of course Langlitz which you can see many models from the 1950's on which you know have see a fair share of weather.

Arm creases look great but most are getting them from the seat of their car and your not doing road work for the city in a Avro

red devil

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that rarely do you see a "beat ''em up himel"
Infact you can scour eBay, grailed and the classifieds here and notice that most are barely worn. These are $2,650 jackets, the vast majority are not going to abuse something like that.

Just a few that will most likely see elements, Lost Worlds, Vanson, and of course Langlitz which you can see many models from the 1950's on which you know have see a fair share of weather.

Arm creases look great but most are getting them from the seat of their car and your not doing road work for the city in a Avro

Not surprising, he supposedly enjoys "torturing his jackets" according to his ex employee who got thrown under the bus shortly after that comment. But then again, the jackets cost him probably 10 - 15% of his asking price...

sweetfights

Just wanna chime in in regards to my exp with Schott recently.

I was looking to buy a few star studs to add to my 618. Looked around Etsy but couldn’t justify paying $20 for a bag of 50.

So I contacted Schott to see if they’d sell me some. To my surprise, they sent me a set free of charge. The package arrived here in Canada in 1 week time with a lovely note to boot.

Little thing like that is what wins you over as a customer. And I ain’t even buying a jacket.
Schott did the same for me to Canada.

Damon141

Practically Family
I'm blocked too, i didn't post anything but he wasn't in my feed so I searched and nothing.

Customer service is everything, anyone that has looked at google reviews can see that for the most part, businesses have a polite scripted response for complaints and those that retaliate against customers always look bad.

His demeanor and responses and the work of the jacket itself is on display for any future customers, his suppliers and the occasional store that buys a handful of his jackets.

Is this the reputation you want to save a couple hundred dollars for a re-make?

I would never expect a maker to scrap a jacket for a couple small errors but...
Does he really think that the dozens of stitching errors are acceptable?

Observe

One Too Many
Yeah, the cope coming from the Himel camp with his Instagram posts is ridiculous. Then he blocks you after not getting back to you. Never buying a Himel based off that alone, QC issues notwithstanding. Don't wanna support some egotistical bone head with his cult.

Damon141

Practically Family
So, Ive asked Parker to reply tomorrow. I will say it was badly sewn. We stand behind our work. I will of course happily remake the jacket Jonathan. I stand behind our work and if a customer wants a remake due to errors on our part, fit, bad sewing or any other mistake we try and resolve it, offer a solution.
688CA45A-D04F-4F83-81DB-A81E6007A684.jpeg
67E945C7-679C-46A1-A247-722BC17C2871.png
B76DA3A6-FA88-48B5-8ED3-93332AFDDCAB.jpeg
74820AE6-7FCC-4575-A6D3-7B372617E9FE.jpeg
A0751EE0-6A3D-4B08-A1C9-3E0A6C8946E1.jpeg

2E5EE8D5-84B3-47E9-83B3-6026E7A55009.jpeg
2D3D30A5-9E71-471F-90B5-925401FC9CB7.jpeg

I complained April '23 after receiving my jacket in August'22

Jeo complained March '21 after receiving his jacket October '18

What makes my case different?

His main concern was chest pocket among others

Compare my chest pockets to his