Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros jacket, 1st winter update

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Let's see what Himel has to post now. I think everything that had to be said was said. No need to keep asking why the OP did not do things otherwise, why we did not point out things earlier, etc. It has all been explained.
No need to beat a dead horse.

Himel seems to be preparing his answer through different channels, let's wait for his next comments.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Let's see what Himel has to post now. I think everything that had to be said was said. No need to keep asking why the OP did not do things otherwise, why we did not point out things earlier, etc. It has all been explained.

Himel seems to be preparing his answer through different channels, let's wait for his next comments.
“A defeat borne with pride is also a victory.“ - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach -

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Amen and Amen

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Some of the stitching in the OP's pics looks like apprentice-level work. You'd think they'd be extra-extra careful on a light thread on dark leather contrast stitched jacket, and if they've got a trainee or apprentice on the sewing machine they'd -at the most- only let them do the black on black jackets lol

Cyber Lip

Practically Family

Hi Jeo. I've also got an Imperial that looks to be about this level of stitching. Mine has a little hiccup though at the chest pocket. Nothing that's worth crying over though. How does yours look? Could you post a pic of your chest pocket?

jeo

One Too Many
Sure. Here you go.

AD65FDF7-4C5A-439B-B75F-20C256C84959.jpeg

B3C15AC3-84DF-4CA7-B36A-A7FAE4FF3D84.jpeg
0436E009-4246-45E7-9A69-E1FFABB049A4.jpeg

And here’s just one of my FW.

B6A31F82-EE1A-43C8-9D99-C6DF57DE7635.jpeg
EE3D7D13-7E10-4BF7-A595-09C726D23425.jpeg
057C8371-7691-4062-8957-11E343F67524.jpeg
1FD45B6E-67B7-4607-A2BC-665363C715B3.jpeg
89F9A139-7808-460D-A4C5-D58AE09F2A49.jpeg

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Btw here’s what it looks like after getting caught in just one light rainfall. Can’t imagine what it will look like after any kind of significant water exposure.

View attachment 508221

It still looks good there, do you mean the deep creases in the sleeves? btw - the stitching on your pockets looks about the same as mine...acceptable, not horrible, but not impeccably done either

jonbuilder

Some of the stitching in the OP's pics looks like apprentice-level work. You'd think they'd be extra-extra careful on a light thread on dark leather contrast stitched jacket, and if they've got a trainee or apprentice on the sewing machine they'd -at the most- only let them do the black on black jackets lol
or custom jacket makers start charging an upgrade for contrast stitching?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Himel on Instagram. The inconsistent stitch length is due to the use of cotton thread. But hard to explain to amateurs.

IMG_0225.jpeg

My amateur eye tells me my cotton thread stitched Albert Richard shows quite consistent stitch length. But I don't actually sew myself of course. (Neither does Himel).

IMG_0226.jpeg
IMG_0227.jpeg
IMG_0228.jpeg
IMG_0229.jpeg

red devil

Himel on Instagram. The inconsistent stitch length is due to the use of cotton thread. But hard to explain to amateurs.

View attachment 508700

My amateur eye tells me my cotton thread stitched Albert Richard shows quite consistent stitch length. But I don't actually sew myself of course. (Neither does Himel).

View attachment 508702 View attachment 508703 View attachment 508704 View attachment 508705

He seems to be hesitant to post here, like someone looking at a swimming pool but not ready to jump in.

LW uses cotton threads as well btw.

jeo

One Too Many

View attachment 508700

View attachment 508702 View attachment 508703 View attachment 508704 View attachment 508705

Not trying to be a dick here and I don't sew either but I see inconsistencies with every pic you posted.

I'm clearly one of the few and most vocal posting in favor of Himel. I'm biased of course since I bought two jackets from him and met him in person twice. He's actually a really nice guy. Thinks highly of himself sure, and defintiely has that "F you" punk rock attitude at times, but still very nice.

As far as him posting here, I don't see that ending well for OP or him. I hope the conversation can continue privately and a resolution that both sides are happy with is achieved.

For the record, I still think the subject jacket is jacked, should have never left his shop and I think Damon should be taken care of. @Damon141 , you have my support on that front.

It's interesting because former Himel Bros. drum bangers have all declared that the stitching on their Himel jackets was immaculate and a primary reason for supporting the brand! What happened?!?!? Wasn't the stitching one of the reasons that @Superfluous was actually able to enjoy the jackets? I can't see him settling for stitching like the type we are seeing now. From what I can gauge of him...he wouldn't even wear one of those sloppy stitched Himel jackets if it were free.

I don't think there is anything more that can be said at this point. The pics say it all. If buyers want to pay $2650 and up for this level of refinement...

YARN | Ignorance is bliss. | The Matrix | Video clips by quotes | d55e6001  | 紗

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
It's interesting because former Himel Bros. drum bangers have all declared that the stitching on their Himel jackets was immaculate and a primary reason for supporting the brand! What happened?!?!? Wasn't the stitching one of the reasons that @Superfluous was actually able to enjoy the jackets? I can't see him settling for stitching like the type we are seeing now. From what I can gauge of him...he wouldn't even wear one of those sloppy stitched Himel jackets if it were free.

You need to develop an eye for these sort of things. It was my job for a decade to pay attention to small details so I see things instantly that others may not. Other people on this forum also have a hawk eye for this sort of stuff but not everyone does.

You need to develop an eye for these sort of things. It was my job for a decade to pay attention to small details so I see things instantly that others may not. Other people on this forum also have a hawk eye for this sort of stuff but not everyone does.
True but the level of refinement, the best in class stitch quality and count. This stuff was called out directly from the brand...it's a hard shift to now advertise to the opposite.

I also agree that there is really no sense in Himel posting here. He will not be able to change minds. It would be great if he were to get Damon's jacket to where it should be. Anyone who does any sort of brand research outside of Instagram will be lead here and to the photos (good and bad).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL