Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros - Still in Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an inside track on the current situation at Himel? Emails to them in regards to an order I placed for a custom Imperial that's going on 1.5 years are being ignored. I've tried both their email addresses. Not sure if I'm being ignored intentionally or what's happening. I've been cool and patient with them, so I can't imagine I'm being ignored intentionally, but I'm not sure what to think actually or what my course of action should be
Did you pay for the jacket up front? 1.5 years might be beyond the time limit a credit card compnay or bank will give you to reverse the charges. I can't imagine they are out of biz, but that wait is insane....

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
These are all recent posts

183EE1C7-7C6C-4033-ACF6-13FD13FCF0F3.jpeg

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Did you pay for the jacket up front? 1.5 years might be beyond the time limit a credit card compnay or bank will give you to reverse the charges. I can't imagine they are out of biz, but that wait is insane....
Edited: I was able to get in touch with them

Last edited:

Brandrea33

One Too Many
That doesn’t sound right at all to me.

I’d direct message them on IG.

I spoke to David back around Christmas and he’s very much doing his thing.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
You could also follow his personal account on IG: @wokedirtyuncle He is in Vancouver BC now, but a DM to him there might work.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I'll try that but seems like it would be a hail mary, as I'm sure they'd be checking their email before they'd be looking at their instagram messages? But yeah, can't hurt I guess
Still it's better to gather as much evidence that you tried to contact them in any possible way.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Yeah go whatever route it takes...get the jacket or a refund. That's pure insanity and if it were me, after that much time and ignored communication...I would be blowing my stack like mad.

Last edited:
There is a little more to the story that I didn't include in my original post as I didn't feel it was relevant, but heck might as well disclose it to give the full picture....they did actually send me a jacket at about the 1 year mark, but the fit was poor. It fit perfectly everywhere except for my mid section where it was too tight by about an inch. The jacket itself measured about an inch narrower than my actual midsection measurement (which I provided to them). For some odd reason it was as if they ignored the measurement I gave them for my mid-section and decided I should be skinnier lol. So I reached out to them, spoke w/Dave and he agreed to have me send it back to them on his dime. Although he was non-committal on what would be done about it. He said they'd have to have it back in hand to do an assessment on what course would be taken with it. I understood that position actually, as what if he were to get it back only to find I was BS'ing and it had been made correctly to the measurement I provided, and that I was just trying to scam a re-do because I had packed on weight during the year that I waited for the jacket. Dave was great during these communications, and I understood the non-committal stance. However, the email Jasmine (their customer service service person) sent with the pre-paid return shipping label has been the last I've heard from them. I sent the jacket off the same day they sent the label btw, and that was several months ago. No email to me that it was received back OK and here's what we're going to do etc etc. For a bit I wasn't too worried about because like I said, I'm a repeat customer and was confident they'd take care of me, but I finally decided to be proactive and reach out. And yep...no reply. I've reached out a couple more times and still no reply.
That's NFG. They blew the measurement off your given physique numbers. Should've been a remake without question, done immediately, and sent back to you pos-haste. I recall Jeo had similar dealings with his jacket, that had all kinds of errors as well. Ultimately, he did get his remake, as should you.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
That's NFG. They blew the measurement off your given physique numbers. Should've been a remake without question, done immediately, and sent back to you pos-haste. I recall Jeo had similar dealings with his jacket, that had all kinds of errors as well. Ultimately, he did get his remake, as should you.

Last edited:

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I hope you don’t mind, but I sent a PM to David regarding your thread here.

I am certain he would want to resolve this. I know he is traveling in Vancouver at the moment.

himelator

Vendor
Anyone have an inside track on the current situation at Himel? Emails to them in regards to an order I placed for a custom Imperial that's going on 1.5 years are being ignored. I've tried both their email addresses. Not sure if I'm being ignored intentionally or what's happening. I've been cool and patient with them (I've also been a good customer, this is my 3rd order with them), so I can't imagine I'm being ignored intentionally, but I'm not sure what to think actually or what my course of action should be
Cyberpunk... Dave here... Send me an email with your name your order information and ee can figure out what your talking about.... Can't really help you from a forum... Luckily many of my customers are on fl and sunshine sent me a heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot