Himel...current wait time?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Cyber Lip, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip Practically Family

Anyone know what their delivery time is looking like currently? I placed an order with them about 4 months ago back in Aug. I'm not in a hurry, just trying to get an idea of what to expect

2. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Both of my Himels took less than 4 months but that was a long time ago and I'm sure the wait times are constantly changing depending on how busy they are. Why don't you just reach out to them?

3. Cyber Lip

Do you think they'd give me an honest answer? lol

4. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Yes, it wouldn't be smart business to mislead their customers and it's perfect reasonable to ask for an update after four months.

5. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Did they estimate a time when you ordered?

6. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

That’s a very fair question in my experience. I think the jacket makers we love, like most small business people, are eternal optimists and so they usually lead with the best case scenario. I think it’s totally reasonable of you to ask for an update on the timeline, with the understanding that absolutely nothing is normal right now and they may be unable to provide a firm estimate.

7. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 One of the Regulars

I ordered in June and it was delivered in August.

I’d reach out to Dave or Parker.

8. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

My waits were under 3 months I think, but that was years ago. Just reach out.

9. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

After 4 months I'm sure they will give you a more concrete and honest timeline and I'm sure you will get an answer like "We exuse for the delay.....your jacket will be ready in 1 month". Anyway, I would ask them if I was you. Good luck!

10. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Contact Dave and ask.
    My three jackets, purchased at separate times over one year, took 2 months on average, but that was when business was slower.

11. VestCoast

VestCoast One of the Regulars

I ordered in August, still haven't got the jacket but I've been in touch and its almost done. My experience has been that they're very responsive. My understanding is that the increased wait time is due to them being extremely busy and dealing with the pandemic etc. I would just send an email.

12. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

@Cyber Lip What's up with your Canuck? I remember you have a beautiful one in brown.

13. Boom82

Boom82 New in Town

I ordered my Heron on November 20th and Eli reached out a couple days ago asking for another measurement so they could start on it.
    So I’m assuming however long they take actually making the jacket then sending it out? My first Himel so don’t know for sure.

14. Cyber Lip

I still have it. Actually, it's with Himel right now. I sent it to them so they could use it as a reference and nail the sleeve length on the new jacket

mtrlr likes this.