Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Kensington Shinki

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know man. And honestly this Himel isn’t a bad fit. But if I’m being 100% honest...I really do think both your Langlitz and Aero fit better. Although I agree you should go up a size in the Aero. 40” is too small.
I’d be curious to see what shakes out with the Brimaco. I really do think that’s the Himel to have. As a Canadian he should know that pattern to the nuts.

True- the examples on the net make the Brimaco gorgeous but I can thank you for having doubts about my next choice.
I am starting to really consider a Langlitz again. I am really thinking Langlitz horsehide. Cost prohibitive in my mind prior to this but there is not much difference in cost between a Himel Shinki and a Langlitz in horsehide. I just discovered today that the horse used by Langlitz is leather from Italy that is tanned in Japan.

True- the examples on the net make the Brimaco gorgeous but I can thank you for having doubts about my next choice.
I am starting to really consider a Langlitz again. I am really thinking Langlitz horsehide. Cost prohibitive in my mind prior to this but there is not much difference in cost between a Himel Shinki and a Langlitz in horsehide. I just discovered today that the horse used by Langlitz is leather from Italy that is tanned in Japan.
Why not get some samples and see what cooks? Langlitz offers up a whole catalog of undisclosed leathers (like Vanson) I believe.
I’m not trying to rain on your parade man. The Himel is fine, by all means.
But for $2.4K...there is better.

red devil

Why not get some samples and see what cooks? Langlitz offers up a whole catalog of undisclosed leathers (like Vanson) I believe.

That is very good advice, it never hurts to see what your options are :)
And being perfectly honest, I don't see how you could beat your Langlitz jackets... they are the reason I want to get fitted at their shop when I get the chance

Edit: typo

Colin G

One Too Many
I have a sample of the black Langlitz horse. It is nice and not a tea core at all. Very dark black all the way through in case you don't have a sample handy and you're wondering. It is the same thickness as their lightweight cowhide.

I thought about it for the Cascade I ordered but an extra $1200 is not worth it to me plus I'd want something thicker. My med weight Langlitz is breaking in nicely and the leather is starting to get soft to the touch and lose it's stiffness to the finish. It loses that stiffness to the finish once it really starts to break in and mine has lost that now. If You can afford the upgrade to horse I say go for it since it is really nice. It is like Vicenza but not plasticky feeling like the Vicenza samples I had and smooth to the touch.

sweetfights

I have a sample of the black Langlitz horse. It is nice and not a tea core at all. Very dark black all the way through in case you don't have a sample handy and you're wondering. It is the same thickness as their lightweight cowhide.

I thought about it for the Cascade I ordered but an extra $1200 is not worth it to me plus I'd want something thicker. My med weight Langlitz is breaking in nicely and the leather is starting to get soft to the touch and lose it's stiffness to the finish. It loses that stiffness to the finish once it really starts to break in and mine has lost that now. If You can afford the upgrade to horse I say go for it since it is really nice. It is like Vicenza but not plasticky feeling like the Vicenza samples I had and smooth to the touch.
Thank you- black all the way through is what I want. Can you show us recent fit pics?
It is your sidewinder/cascade that keeps me interested in having another Langlitz.

Colin G

One Too Many
Can't seem to upload pics of the horse sample for you. Either fedora lounge changed their photo hosting size requirements or my new laptop is messing with me.

Here are imgur links instead.

Top.

Back.

Colin G

One Too Many
It is smoother than the cow but unsure if it is $1200 nicer.

Horse sample is on top of my jacket but the lighting in my house at night is not so good so this is as good as I could get.

Colin G

One Too Many
Appreciated.
Are you getting a lot of wear out of this great looking Langlitz??

Yes, its been my go to winter jacket lately since things have been not overly cold here yet. I've been wearing it for about 2 months straight and will continue to do so until it dips below -15 C. I make myself wear it so its softening nicely and doesn't feel like it is made of cardboard any longer.

I think this is the most drab of Himel design. I don’t think the proportions are very good. When compared to his other patterns, this one seems off. Entirely too long in front, super odd hem curvature...it’s just not a pattern I’d pursue personally. Where the majority of Himel designs seem quite innovative and inspired, this one is quite benign. And the places where the envelope is pushed... doesn’t push my buttons.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
I find it fun to see members here wearing the same jacket after a trip through the classifieds so I thought I would dredge up this thread. Got this lovely jacket in on Monday and the hide on this one is something special. The cotton lining makes it easy to throw on and its got just enough room to layer. I could probably get away with a little more taper in the waist but the shoulder and chest hit perfectly so I'm just going to break it in. The oil tan should only get better.

6qaBk6B.jpg

uOI1nDi.jpg

5hLGdLH.jpg

47E1vsg.jpg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations. Looks very good on you! Yes, their oil tanned Shinki is really something special - I really like it!

sweetfights

I find it fun to see members here wearing the same jacket after a trip through the classifieds so I thought I would dredge up this thread. Got this lovely jacket in on Monday and the hide on this one is something special. The cotton lining makes it easy to throw on and its got just enough room to layer. I could probably get away with a little more taper in the waist but the shoulder and chest hit perfectly so I'm just going to break it in. The oil tan should only get better.

6qaBk6B.jpg

uOI1nDi.jpg

5hLGdLH.jpg

47E1vsg.jpg

Welcome to the Kensington Club.
The leather does not get better than the Shinki Dave uses.
The Shinki will only get better looking the more you wear it. And the more you wear it the more it will mold to your body.
Congratulations!

6qaBk6B.jpg

uOI1nDi.jpg

5hLGdLH.jpg

47E1vsg.jpg

Excellent. Looks awesome.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Got this lovely jacket in on Monday

Do you mind if I ask when you ordered it? I've had orders in with them since Aug. I haven't bugged them with "where's my jacket??!!" emails because honestly, all I care about is that they are perfect when I receive them. But they have sent me the occasional email that I should receive my order by xxx date, which comes and goes, then another email with another promised date which also comes and goes, then another etc etc. One email said I should have received one of them by now and they would look into what happened, followed by radio silence. A lot of over promising and under delivering going on over there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails