Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hoarders Have To Go.

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
We use plastic grocery bags for lining our computer room & bathrooms (different rooms thank gods) trash cans, keeps the interiors pretty clean & we change them out every day.
As Lizzy also mentioned we put them in a old firestarter product box then scoop out the "dirty" litter in the bag then dispose of them at least once a day depending on how umm smelly the contents are. But then again this box isn't in the house, its on the back porch then goes to the outside trash can to go to the transfer station. We don't have pickup service so we go about once a week or so to the station with my dads open back pickup.

When we do a big shopping & come home with multi bags, more than I think we'll use in a week I'll bundle them together & try to drop them off to the grocery store bag drop. I don't do the "reusable" bags as I get a lot of raw meats, being a ex cook & very OCD I'm not messing around with cleaning them out & such so a one use bag doesn't bother me & those bags get trashed immediately & not reused.
We have 1 store that forces you to either bring in bags or pay like 25 cents per bag so I refuse to shop there & rarely shop at BJ's (think Sams club or Cosco).

Paper bags I'll grab a couple once in a while, my cats love playing with them & I can reuse them in the woodstove in the winter instead of newspaper. I just need to cut off the handles as this batch of cats is too stupid to understand not sticking their heads through the handles & then get scared when the bag "chases" them. LOL I used to own a male cat that would drag bags to me so I'd play with him, it was his attention getter. 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21