Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy Grail of '30s Belts - FOUND!

weinerman

New in Town
Get real; a belt is a belt. Any time I find one of the right color to match shoes I grab it; I don't care if it's from the Martian's Department. Any idea how hard it is to find navy suede, olive, or cinnamon; OK I have way too many shoes but I could use one of those black and white belts...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Darn! Thanks for the reply just the same. If I was to look for something like these, what words should I type in under mens' vintage clothing category besides just "belt"?

Marc Chevalier said:
Thanks! I'll empty it. Unfortunately, the seller sold out of these belts long ago. (This is a very old thread!)

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Since it was brought up, I will add that the women's section of thrift stores is a great place to find vintage whip belts. They take one look and think they are women's belts. Look for the belt buckles. Dead give away.

I bought up a bunch of dead stock belts recently. many are two tone and such. Might be some white ones. I will have to dig them out.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
I'll PM anyone who's interested. You can then speak directly with the seller (who isn't me, by the way).

Is no one else keen on these? Think about next summer, folks.

I'd be interested. Thanks, Marc.

Update: lol lol Never mind. I see these are no longer available.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
resortes805 said:
Ha, ha, ha! This thread has gone terribly astray...along as it doesn't turn into a 'guys in girl's garb' thread.

. . . not that there's anything wrong with that.

Exactly... nothing wrong with Loungers being "getting in touch with their feminine side"!lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats