Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy Grail of vintage suits

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i think that's the first time i've seen pleated sleeveheads on a man's suit; i always thought they were one of those features that were for women's wear only.
can't say i'm a fan of all the sharp cornered saddle bag pockets.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
A friend of mine joked with me that it was probably the suit that some desperate high schooler bought for prom....

"with a suit this killer, no girl can turn me down!"

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
The pleated sleeveheads are quirky... but they still fit well with the fantastic gathered back IMO.
... but pleats in the trouser's side seams!?
Backoftrousers.jpg

This and the bulky chest pockets are a turn-off for me.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
there's not much about the suit i like and even though i'm a belt-back fan i'm not a huge fan of shirring which i think can look blousey. (tough crowd eh Baron ?)

however, if the person who owns the suit is reading this i hope they don't take any of the negative comments personally. it's a rare suit, to be enjoyed, and a veritable compendium of unusual features.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
It may not be the "Holy Grail" Baron but it's very appealing,now if you could remove those chest pockets,OMO

Sorry dude, this suit is a holy grail. It's basically American 1930s style ground up, distilled, and offered up in suit form. Whether you find the assorted details appealing or not is inconsequential, it's sheer rarity makes it a sought after collectors item in any size.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I just wish i could find a suit that would bring me as much pleasure as it will be bringing to its current owner (whoever that might be?????). It's just that, for me, the perfect suit wouldn't be so rare or need quite so many bells and whistles.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Being so removed by time from the era that produced that suit, with all its eye-catching features, it's amazing to be able to dig it displayed here with fresh eyes. That's the beauty of this forum, thanks to everyone who posts and shares such things here. Being born "50 years too late" I couldn't have imagined all those details would have been included on one suit, and yet thanks to the Baron (yet again), there it is for me to examine in all its way-out 1930s glory.

To borrow from the jargon of the time, I'll bet some sporty young hepcat thought he was 'the mezz' tricked out in that suit, combining all the elements that it does, and I get a real kick out of seeing such a rare beast (for our time at least) for us to discover anew.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
As I posted Resortes OMO we're all entitled to have them,what one thinks is the ultimate doesn't necessarily mean the rest will be of the same mind?

You are right, of course. Yet, as of late, the more eccentric designs featured on TFL have largely been panned. Not to beat a dead horse, but many vintage enthusiasts have left this site because the excitement that they express for items like these are often met with such disdain, that it is a little disheartening and discouraging. I am one of the few Southern Californian loungers left because of this.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
You are right, of course. Yet, as of late, the more eccentric designs featured on TFL have largely been panned. Not to beat a dead horse, but many vintage enthusiasts have left this site because the excitement that they express for items like these are often met with such disdain, that it is a little disheartening and discouraging. I am one of the few Southern Californian loungers left because of this.

I never said it wasn't a nice suit,I simply said I personally didn't like the chest pockets on it.If I read your reply correctly you're saying folks are leaving the site because someone else doesn't share their opinion on such items as this or whatever?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I never said it wasn't a nice suit,I simply said I personally didn't like the chest pockets on it.If I read your reply correctly you're saying folks are leaving the site because someone else doesn't share their opinion on such items as this or whatever?

That's not quite what I'm getting at, but fairly close enough.

And as Yeti is alluding too, they have already left years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner