Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOLY GRAIL? /What fedoras are you pining for?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I have recently obtained one of my Holy Grail hats. It's my first vintage hat as well as my first velour. Thanks Mayserwegener!

untitled.jpg

That has to be the BEST looking hat I've seen on your head so far. EVERYTHING works for you on that one perfectly ! ya done good guy :)

_Nightwing

One of the Regulars
I'm pining, like a dead parrot for the fjords, for a 7¼ vintage fur felt fedora with a 2¼ brim (as so not to overshadow my stupid pin head) and a 5 inch crown (as so not to elongate my stupid pin head), in a nice slate gray. That's a blue-gray, but still definitely a gray, but leaning in just a slightly drunk fashion towards blue without being so drunk as to actually tip over into blue. I could wear that sucker with all my light gray suits and dark gray suits and my blue suits and it would look kickass. I'd probably have to get another gray-gray fedora to wear with brown suits, but that's a moot point because I don't have any brown suits yet, plus maybe it would work anyway when paired with the right blue tie. Also I already have a dark brown fedora for brown suits. My only fedora in fact. :| My only real hat.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I just received my holy grail hat. Been looking for it for a long, long while but this vintage beauty is rare. I'll post pictures soon, and credit the lounger who made this happen.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'm already planning on getting the dark brown Sean Connery trilby, but at around 0:07 seconds, George Lazenby's hat can be seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IZ8iHiwWk

You would be able to see it more clearly in the film OHMSS, but it seems to be a relatively narrow brimmed (but slightly wider than Connery's), navy or black colored trilby with multiple pleats instead of a regular ribbon on the side. I think these pleats are referred to box-pleats around here. It's a good look, I might have to consider a hat like this.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I've been pining for a light green colored vintage Stetson Whippet. Of course I'll most likely stand a better chance seeing the Devil ice skate to work in the morning before I find one of those. A modern custom clone is going to be the path now I suppose.

Cheers!

Dan

RobStC

A-List Customer
Here it is, the elusive, ever rare Mallory Nokabout I always wanted. Thanks Zetwal!

12-1.jpg

Very nice, Alejandro :eusa_clap :eusa_clap.
Lovely condition - a subtle and under-stated knockout (Nokabout?) of a hat..... I take it you won't be selling this one for quite a while?:p[huh];)

RobStC

HatsEnough

Banned
7X Clear Beaver Fedora

scaled.php

Gentlemen, I have to say that I am impressed as heck with this Stetson. I love this hat.

Condition-wise, it is almost perfect. On the crown there are a few spots, but they are light and will likely come out fairly easily. The stitching in the sweat is perfect. The interior is perfect. I don't think this thing has been worn much if at all. This ritzy piece was originally bought in Atlantic City. No gamble on this hat… it is a sure thing.

It is a wonderful light tan color. It may have been called silverbelly, but of that I am not sure if it is a tan or a silverbelly. The brim is 2-3/8 and there is a wind trolley string and button.

The felt is dense and pliable and holds its shape so well. It feels wonderful.

This is definitely a solid piece, not a cut down and re-furb from an Open Road model (as someone wondered from the ebay sale). This was made as you see it in the late 1950s. (The Stetson logo on the sweat and the liner both have the leaf instead of the stars.)

I am going to keep it in an empty Stetson 100 case I had laying around.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

A few numbers written under the band and the regular re-order and ID stickers, but nothing else. It has the plastic shield between the hat body and the sweatband (not sure what it is called). The liner is sewn in, not glued.

I probably paid more than I should have, but I could not pass this one up. It fills the 7X, clear beaver hole I had in my collection. I guess since I already have a Stetson 100, this one was my holy grail for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ