Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOMBURG - WTS, WTT, and/or WTB (Photos)

Lukeiswho

New in Town
Hello all.

Long time visitor, first time poster (to the classifieds anyway).

I've been keeping my eye out for a nice homburg here and on eBay and Etsy… but keywords on those sites count for little anymore, and my head is larger than most vintage people.

But here is what I'm after:
-Size 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 (I measure right at 23 1/4in)
-Not black... possibly taupe, olive, or a funkier color
-Mostly "traditional" style (ribbon on the brim, thick hat band, gutter crown)
-If possible, a crown on the shorter side (Around or under 5in)
-Standard or narrower brim (Around 2in)
-Open to different makers. I currently own and love a Stetson St Regis.

I'm also looking to trade or sell a hat I recently purchased. It looked good in the photos, and looks great in person, but I don't love it on my head. The crown is a bit to tall for me, and sort of "leans" in when viewed from the front.

-I was told it is a 60's hat, fur felt, German maker, but I can't verify that.
-The tag is marked hPc, and the liner says "The Oxford Hat".
-It is sized 59, and is missing the liner.
-It is black, has 2 kinks in the brim, and no holes.
-I made it into a teardrop in an attempt to lower the crown.
-The crown is currently 4 3/4in, the brim is 2 1/4in.

I'm no great rush to sell. Ideally, I'd be happy to trade/put it towards the price of the hat I want if the right one comes along. I paid $80 for it, with shipping. [[[on eBay now]]]

If anyone is interested or has any leads on a homburg, please respond. Not sure if I can PM just yet.

Thanks everyone.

HPC%20-%20Profile%20IMG_9352.jpg

HPC%20-%20Front%20IMG_9353.jpg

HPC%20-%20Rear%20IMG_9354.jpg

HPC%20-%20Brim%20IMG_9368.jpg

HPC%20-%20Tag%20IMG_9373.jpg

HPC%20-%20Band%20IMG_9369.jpg

HPC%20-%20FrontTop%20IMG_9364.jpg

Last edited:

makitright

One of the Regulars
I have this one you could have - a Biltmore Imperial in grey fur felt. It is slightly bigger than you are after but you can shim it down one or two sizes - it is a 7 5/8. In fact that is what I do. I shaped it like a more traditional fedora with soft front pinch and center dent with a slight downturned front brim. The hat is clean inside and out. The only flaw is a separation of the brim binding from the brim - about 1 inch in length at the rear of the hat (right rear at 4 o'clock) - you cannot see it unless you look for it - and it could be sewn again to correct it. The crown is at 4 inches in front as currently shaped. Brim is at 2 1/8" not including the curled bound edged (the binding is 1/2' on each side - so a 1" binding divided in two)

I would want $80 net plus shipping. Do not need a trade right now.

upload_2016-3-1_3-19-44.png upload_2016-3-1_3-39-30.png

Lukeiswho

New in Town
Thanks for offer, but the one homburg I actually wear is that color. Otherwise, I'd buy it!

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I have this one you could have - a Biltmore Imperial in grey fur felt. It is slightly bigger than you are after but you can shim it down one or two sizes - it is a 7 5/8. In fact that is what I do. I shaped it like a more traditional fedora with soft front pinch and center dent with a slight downturned front brim. The hat is clean inside and out. The only flaw is a separation of the brim binding from the brim - about 1 inch in length at the rear of the hat (right rear at 4 o'clock) - you cannot see it unless you look for it - and it could be sewn again to correct it. The crown is at 4 inches in front as currently shaped. Brim is at 2 1/8" not including the curled bound edged (the binding is 1/2' on each side - so a 1" binding divided in two)

View attachment 45445 View attachment 45446

Do you still have that grey homburg? It is just what I am looking for

vitanola

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 45445 View attachment 45446

Do you still have that grey homburg? It is pretty much what I am looking for, though the crown is a bit short, but then aren't they all these days.

makitright

One of the Regulars
Do you still have that grey homburg? It is pretty much what I am looking for, though the crown is a bit short, but then aren't they all these days.

Here is the tall crown Homburg. Custom by Blacksheep Hatworks.

41460-6d8d8b19ce2be5d6bfb78c3d53915522.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 10.33.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 10.33.18 PM.png
    449.4 KB · Views: 139

Tony.C

New in Town
Hello guys,i'm new to this forum,i become addicted to Homburg hats but i like more particularly the British Homburgs,not sure if i post this in the right location of the forum, if anyone have a Homburg for sale please pm me.
Thank you-Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24