Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horsehide jacket with wind flap

Donkey hoté

New in Town
Hello all. I am looking for jacket with a windflap/stormflap some kind of flap. Whatever the hell you want to call it. I ride, no car. It seems that most of the high end jackets are modeled off old school motorcycle jackets, but no flap thingy. Does anyone make high end horsehide with a flap. No doubles or diagonal zippers. I want a simple elegant classic. If you can help me find one it would be much appreciated. If I have to order a custom it will probably be a Simmons bilt Tail gunner with a drop tail (crack cover) and a windflap. With the Shinki leather.

Donkey hoté

New in Town
Vanson HH of old is very nice with a wind flap.
I had one when I was a kid racing flat track in the 70's. I remember it very well. It was to big so I (TIME TO CRINGE) cut the collar off. Cut the sleeve's off about 4" and stapled the hem. Cut about 6" out of the back and stapled it together. I was so proud of myself. I even won my qualifying event. My dad ran up and hugged me at which point all of my hard work completely came apart. If I had fallen the jacket probably would have wrapped around my neck like a 6lb scarf, but the flap was still good.

Donkey hoté

New in Town
I had one when I was a kid racing flat track in the 70's. I remember it very well. It was to big so I (TIME TO CRINGE) cut the collar off. Cut the sleeve's off about 4" and stapled the hem. Cut about 6" out of the back and stapled it together. I was so proud of myself. I even won my qualifying event. My dad ran up and hugged me at which point all of my hard work completely came apart. If I had fallen the jacket probably would have wrapped around my neck like a 6lb scarf, but the flap was still good.
Very nice. Thank you
Scott I'm still learning my way around this site. I have a old Harley jacket that I modified that fits me well. The front length is 20" to the top of the neck. I'm going to hold off on your beautiful jacket. There is no way my short torso can pull off a 24" length.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
NYPD motorcycle jackets normally have a substantial flap and are plentiful on the used market

Attachments

• NYPD Jacket.jpeg
    NYPD Jacket.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 54

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass