Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween USA and Aero Leather Joint Statement

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
It may be easier to ask Aero to make the same jacket in horsehide at a cost price $800.

Curious the amounts being talked about are in $. The buyer uses euros and the original vendor £ !

Last edited:

trapp

Practically Family
It may be easier to ask Aero to make the same jacket in horsehide at a cost price $800.

Curious the amounts being talked about are in $. The buyer uses euros and the original vendor £ !

That's a good suggestion that could get Alex a HH jacket and save him a lot of headache. However, he won't get the IH zipper, which a think he likes.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's a good suggestion that could get Alex a HH jacket and save him a lot of headache. However, he won't get the IH zipper, which a think he likes.

I suspect, given the nature of his correspondence with IH, Alex would happily zip such a zipper off with his bare teeth :D

alex1976

New in Town
lol

I PAID 1000 $ (770€) AND NOT 800USD......AND BESIDES I WANT MY JACKET BACK!
Aero (KEN and Holly) want the jacket to check.

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
Lets not forget Alex's contributions in this forum concerning the two leather companies he himself has not ever dealt with. If those are taken into account then I don't think an over active imagination is needed to picture the tone of his correspondence with IH - the company he has actually handed over money to.

I mean let's face it fellas, Alex has shown himself to be a class A y'all know what on these pages. Having to deal with one of those can't be an easy ask for Giles

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, that doesn't give IH the right to confiscate his jacket schitzo just because somebody's a bit bilshy. Just look at the difference in reaction between holly and Giles to. It's called professionalism.

wdw

One Too Many
I actually found Alex's contribution enlightening, despite the misplaced invective. Aero must have appreciated it, even if it costs them more than the usual compensation for replacing steer (assuming he ever gets his property back).

It's another part of this soap opera that I'm interested in seeing how it develops.

schitzo

Suspended
Hmm, that doesn't give IH the right to confiscate his jacket schitzo just because somebody's a bit bilshy. Just look at the difference in reaction between holly and Giles to. It's called professionalism.

Do you mean bolshy? Which is putting it mildly

Yes of course nobody has the right to confiscate somebody else's stuff. I am simply saying that the reposted emails (that was another classy touch btw) belong to a context; one that gives them meaning and which we are not privy to

Ishmael

Practically Family
Gonna have to go with Schitzo on this one. Alex threw a temper tantrum all over the intraweb and seriously back stabbed those trying to help him. He deserves the refund and the door, from Aero, IH, and FL.

mattp

One of the Regulars
Gonna have to go with Schitzo on this one. Alex threw a temper tantrum all over the intraweb and seriously back stabbed those trying to help him. He deserves the refund and the door, from Aero, IH, and FL.

Agreed. And I hope those who've never met or dealt with Giles give him the benefit of the doubt and don't just form an opinion based on what Alex has presented here.
In my experience Giles is first class all the way; I don't know the specifics of what's happened with Alex so can't comment further than that, just on my own dealings. My Aero/IH jacket has turned out to be steer, and I've stood and talked face to face with Giles about sending mine back for replacement, and he certainly had no problem with that. This perception that's been created that he's trying to hide something seems absurd. I didn't really want to get involved in this, I'm happily working out my situation behind the scenes with Holly, but I couldn't stand by whilst this character assassination is going on. Let's all just take a deep breath.

Adak

New in Town
Given the lighter weight of FQHH, I'd prefer to go with that over steer. I really wish there were tell-tale signs to look for in the grain/hide to determine exactly what has been purchased, just so frustrating not to know for sure.

These jackets were my favorite clothing items I've ever bought, and now the credentials of one, if not both, are in question. Are they fine jackets regardless, sure - but I feel like I might have been snookered, and overpaid for product that was not as advertised or presented. IMO, Aero needs to get back to the office before 1/7/13 and start addressing the forum (and their customers') concerns. This is material fraud, and am astounded that something like this could have taken place.

It's like buying a diamond you thought was very high quality only to find out you really purchased a cubic zirconia.

Just imagine all those fools who buy vintage jackets and paying top dollar for them and then finding out the jackets were faked. Now that is sad. Materialistic boys will be materialistic boys.

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Another sign that the apocalypse is upon us! :mad:

And while I'm at it, what does bilshy/bolshy mean?

"bolshy" - derived, bizarrely, from "bolshevic". originally described someone with radical ideas, but generally used now simply to mean obstinate or stroppy;)

majormajor

One Too Many
Just imagine all those fools who buy vintage jackets and paying top dollar for them and then finding out the jackets were faked. Now that is sad. Materialistic boys will be materialistic boys.

No one on this thread is talking about "faked vintage jackets". Hello??:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Last edited:

alex1976

New in Town
I never had any problems with G. customer Service in the past.
I bought so much IH items from him and all sevice was top-notch!
I met Giles in Berlin personally and he is a fine nice guy!
Therefore is it not unintelligible for me why he send me not my jacket back.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
"bolshy" - derived, bizarrely, from "bolshevic". originally described someone with radical ideas, but generally used now simply to mean obstinate or stroppy;)

Yes, that is what I meant, my phone's spell checker seems to have got ideas above its station... but let's be straight: this guy's wants his jacket back and the bloke who's taken his money AND his jacket is saying 'Nah, I've changed my mind, I'm keeping this' before refunding him what he reckons he owes. Am I missing something here? This isn't a question of manners or etiquette, it's a case of rightful ownership and customer service.
If I was IH, I would've told Alex that I was sorry he was still unhappy and that while I was confident that the jacket was HH, my offer of a refund stood. I would have smiled tolerantly (metaphorically speaking) and handed him his property back. But that's just me.:)

mattp

One of the Regulars
Sloan1874, as with the whole situation we only have one side of the story.
This thread is rapidly heading in the same direction as the Alexander Leathers thread, and we know how that ended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner