Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

Possibly one of your best, Jack! I probably could have posed for that...
LOL, Charlie I've learned not to form a derogatory opinion about someone until I've walked a mile in their shoes!

image001.jpg

That was the sort of "ensemble" my father-in-law would wear simply because it was comfortable and he couldn't have cared less about how it looked. If he was only going outside to do yardwork and/or gardening Ma (as my mother-in-law was affectionately known) would roll her eyes and shake her head, but if she was going to be seen in public with him she'd march him back into their bedroom and re-dress him in something that was more "public appropriate".

Dm101

A-List Customer
Hah...I am trying to build up my wardrobe enough to have funny clothes to dress in. Right now everything is either button down white shirts and a black tie...khaki cargo pants...and a vest.
Or...my military gear.
Trying to combine the two hasn't gone over too well...lol. So I stick to one or the other.
Though being comfortably dressed up every day with a nice overcoat has gotten me some compliments, people have had some odd comments.

One lady sitting on the curb outside the wawa gas station looked at me and said "wow man...you going to a spelunking formal event?"
My initial response to her was "huh?" And I think she thought I was offended...I just didn't understand her at first. She giggled and said "ah...Nevermind". I said "sorry ma'am" and kept walking to the car. My brain finally processed it when I got in the car and was not so focused on watching around me. I had a good laugh and wanted to go tell her that her joke was funny.....but she had left by then.

Another lady at the grocery store sis that I looked like a CEO dressed the way I was dressed. I thanked her and I appreciated the compliment and praise but all I wanted was to get my groceries and get outta there. I was burning up in all my winter gear and hadn't planned on stopping to talk to anyone...sweat was building up under my hat and it wouldn't be long before it started pouring...
I got out of there just in time!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Jer Holland

New in Town
As a younger man, I wear fedoras, trilbies, and porkpies pretty much anytime I go out. And I generally get compliments. Older people love my hats and they almost all the time call it a "derby hat". Lol. Strangely enough, I get a little more respect from them as well. Haha

The only people who have ever made fun of me was my brother who is a goof anyway, and a few people online who called me a "neckbeard" or "white knight". I really don't care what any of them say because it's my life and as long as i'm not acting immoral or hurting others, I am going to wear what I want to wear.

As a younger man, I wear fedoras, trilbies, and porkpies pretty much anytime I go out. And I generally get compliments. Older people love my hats and they almost all the time call it a "derby hat". Lol. Strangely enough, I get a little more respect from them as well. Haha

The only people who have ever made fun of me was my brother who is a goof anyway, and a few people online who called me a "neckbeard" or "white knight". I really don't care what any of them say because it's my life and as long as i'm not acting immoral or hurting others, I am going to wear what I want to wear.

Brothers and sisters don't count.
Be true to yourself, and you'll be fine. We're here for you, bro!!

That's the spirit!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Dm101

A-List Customer
Last night, while out with the wife shopping...I got giggles and laughs from 3 young kids dressed like wannabe rappers who had probably never seen a dress hat before. I can't fault them for being nescient.

Today, while out at lunch shopping for hat stiffener at the local fabric shop...I got a "I love your hat" from another young female dressed in goth gear and green hair.

It's such a flip flop with the youth...
But with older and same-age people...I always get compliments.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
I get "Love the Hat" compliments most times I go to the bank or safeway office line....Several times from young female cash register chicks at dept.stores.
But the other day a nicely dressed, (dress pants, v neck sweater with buttoned down collar sport shirt), 30 something guy, stopped me and gave me the Third Degree about my Lock & Co. Sandown...wanting to know what it was and where he could get one. He wanted specifics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dm101

A-List Customer
I get "Love the Hat" compliments most times I go to the bank or safeway office line....Several times from young female cash register chicks at dept.stores.
But the other day a nicely dressed, (dress pants, v neck sweater with buttoned down collar sport shirt), 30 something guy, stopped me and gave me the Third Degree about my Lock & Co. Sandown...wanting to know what it was and where he could get one. He wanted specifics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That's awesome!!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy