Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

Picture was taken in ~1990-1991 down around Irving or Grapevine, TX by a friend. I had trailered the car there to attend a chapter meet of the National Corvette Restorers Society & was going over some of the paperwork while waiting to be placed in position for the meet.

I just added detail with pics to the Vintage Auto thread.

Oops. Posted too soon. [emoji4]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
No hat but just to prove that I've had a beard (& hair) for a very long time, & it wasn't always white. I have never colored it & would just as soon use shoe polish then dye it.

3843e2c810.jpg

384421e9d2.jpg
is that a '63 split window ?

sebastian czentner

One of the Regulars
On thursday información Went to brought soda and worn my funyi a Kid told her father to look at the cap i was wearing andar yesterday i worn my grey fedora with a turqoise shirt and beige trouser and the daughter of afriend of mine told me How colorfoull i was. For those who dont know know what a funyi is a kind of argentine fedora Still worn by tango dancers and musicians

Enviado desde mi SM-J111M mediante Tapatalk

Was coming out of a local taproom yesterday (stopped off for a Cinco de Mayo pint after work). A lady getting out of her car, who was wearing a five-panel hat with a small plastic sombrero strapped on top of that, said, "I like your hat!" I replied, "Thank you, ma'am, I like yours, too! Hey, your hat has a hat!"

The bartender there has been commenting favorably on my lids, too. He's probably just angling for a better tip, though. :D

RJR

Was coming out of a local taproom yesterday (stopped off for a Cinco de Mayo pint after work). A lady getting out of her car, who was wearing a five-panel hat with a small plastic sombrero strapped on top of that, said, "I like your hat!" I replied, "Thank you, ma'am, I like yours, too! Hey, your hat has a hat!"

The bartender there has been commenting favorably on my lids, too. He's probably just angling for a better tip, though. :D
;)

Uhu

Familiar Face
At the hardware store this morning, a little girl of about 6 years old seemed impressed with my 50s vintage brown Royal Stetson. I overheard her telling her dad to have a look. Kid has a good eye, it's my favorite hat. :)

Captain O

One of the Regulars
I was in Walmart this afternoon in my "cheap" Jaxon Bowler, and my Coldsteel Carbon Fiber Slim Stick. A woman from the Garden department (in white hair, I might add) while shopping, she said that I looked "dapper". I took it in a good-natured vein and went on about my business. As I walked outside and passed the Garden Department with my three 40-ounce bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's "Spicy and Sweet" Barbecue Sauce and 32-serving Malt-O-Meal Rasin Bran in my bag the same woman called me "Dapper Dan". I don't mind a genuine compliment, but repeated calls of this nature seemed a bit empty and a touch snide. (Hey, when you're working at "Wally World" it is better to be a bit circumspect about what you say to people while representing the store).

I rolled my eyes, sighed and let it go, but you would think that mature people would think about what they say to people before they blurt it out, much less repeat it.

I was in Walmart this afternoon in my "cheap" Jaxon Bowler, and my Coldsteel Carbon Fiber Slim Stick. A woman from the Garden department (in white hair, I might add) while shopping, she said that I looked "dapper". I took it in a good-natured vein and went on about my business. As I walked outside and passed the Garden Department with my three 40-ounce bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's "Spicy and Sweet" Barbecue Sauce and 32-serving Malt-O-Meal Rasin Bran in my bag the same woman called me "Dapper Dan". I don't mind a genuine compliment, but repeated calls of this nature seemed a bit empty and a touch snide. (Hey, when you're working at "Wally World" it is better to be a bit circumspect about what you say to people while representing the store).

I rolled my eyes, sighed and let it go, but you would think that mature people would think about what they say to people before they blurt it out, much less repeat it.

I think she was complimenting you. I doubt she meant any harm.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

andrew_AU

A-List Customer

I suspect it was a kind natured comment too.

That said, would you like us to refer to you as Dapper Dan from now on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran