Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do I do reverse rolls, victory rolls and a gibson roll?

laurenbateman

New in Town
rolls

I have found,after lots of different ways of pinning ect... that Swarzkoff hairspray,black packaging, is one of the best hairsprays for rolls,also the rolled fringe {think gwen}, i bought mine at sallys in the U.K,do the method of curling the hair under to get that loop under,then keep rolling the hair,hold it with your hand when you have the finished look,then spray. depends how much you want it to stick,but i dont even need pins with this hairspray,and pins can look tacky if they show ...hope this helps xoxoxo

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Hey Clara,
I like the CREW stuff because when I heat style my hair, and then apply the pomade, my hair doesn't go flat. But when I apply the pomade and THEN heat style my hair gets dry and frizzy, like if there was nothing in it. I just use it after styling for finishing touches; sometimes I comb it over rolls before rolling them up. It's nice because it has a little bit of hold. If you have fine hair, try using a little just before you wash your hair. Then you can try it out without screwing up a nice hair-do. He he :eek:fftopic: It takes me forever to jump in the shower because I always experiment with hair products and make-up;) .

Lauren- I like not seeing pins. Does it look stiff? Do you think the hairspray would hold regular rolls? I'll definitely have to give it a try; it sounds great.

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
laurenbateman said:
I have found,after lots of different ways of pinning ect... that Swarzkoff hairspray,black packaging, is one of the best hairsprays for rolls,also the rolled fringe {think gwen}, i bought mine at sallys in the U.K,do the method of curling the hair under to get that loop under,then keep rolling the hair,hold it with your hand when you have the finished look,then spray. depends how much you want it to stick,but i dont even need pins with this hairspray,and pins can look tacky if they show ...hope this helps xoxoxo
thanks this did help alot, i have a sallys right next to my house, they have simply everything. and i think ive had that hairspray befor. ps. love the profile pic. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo