Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you apply your brimmed hat?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I often palm the front of the crown in my right hand and ease the hat on, front first. Sometimes I give the front brim a tug down.

-30-

A-List Customer
Left hand brim rear. Right hand brim front.

Front snapped down.

Square & level.

(The first two not being in that order.)
(LOL)

Regards,
-30-

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I place the base of my left middle finger at the point where the pinches come together at the top of the hat and place my index finger on top of the crown, with my thumb gripping the top of the right pinch along with my index finger. My ring and pinky fingers are placed in the left pinch. Then I exert force onto the front of the pinch with the base of my middle finger, and push the hat down on my head with the palm of my right hand placed in the top center of the crown while pulling down on the front brim.

I remove my hat by either repeating the aforementioned method in reverse, or by placing my left thumb at the base of underside of the front brim, and my index finger at the base of the topside and lifting the hat off my head.

It's nowhere near that complicated in action, that's just how I do it. It gets the hat on my head without putting too much stress on the crown.

I usually wear it at varying angles, and always with the front brim snapped down.

Last edited:

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
I put my hat on the floor crown down. Then I dive in head first. When I wake up I usually have a hat on my head...

-30-

A-List Customer
"I put my hat on the floor crown down. Then I dive in head first. When I wake up I usually have a hat on my head..."
QUOTE: Brian Niebuhr.

I really hate to tell you this, but for your own safety as well as others,

fill the crown with water pre dive; your problem(s) will be greatly lessened by doing so.
(LOL)

Kind regards,
-30-

-30-

A-List Customer
"fill the crown with water pre dive; your problem(s) will be greatly lessened by doing so. - (LOL)"
My above quote.

Dag nabbit! I amost forgot.
The water should be SOFT WATER! Don't want you to take any unnecesary chances.
(LOL)

Regards,
-30-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112