How do you feel about(Vintage) fur?

Discussion in 'The Front Parlor' started by rocketeer, Apr 21, 2016.

1. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

I like the aesthetic of vintage fur, but prefer fake fur because it doesn't shed and you don't need to care for it in the same way as you do a real vintage fur. While not necessarily matching my exact aesthetic because of the time period, I'm a big fan of orlon fiber

St. Louis likes this.
  2. slythwolf

slythwolf New in Town

I have a matching pillbox hat and scarf in a black and white fur, I'm not sure what animal it is, that I wear with my winter coats. I thought for a long time about whether I was comfortable with wearing fur, because little touches of fur trimmings are so emblematic of the midcentury winter aesthetic, and while there's really good looking faux fur being produced now, that's a relatively recent development and tends to have a more contemporary style. (Plus new things in general are usually out of my budget!) The conclusion I came to was that I think it's more respectful and honoring of the animal for someone who appreciates these accessories to take good care of them and get real use out of them as long as possible, than for the items to be discarded and possibly end up in a landfill.

MissMittens likes this.