Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you fold your jacket?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
If it's not on a hanger or a chair-back, I hold it by placing the inside of my fingers inside and just under the collar, and lay it down on whatever - back seat if the car is too hot, or on a box in my office, or a bed if I'm visiting someone.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
when at home they are on wide wooden hanger, this is just when I have to leave the jacket in the car or if I visit a friend or family where jacket doesn't seem right to wear in that occasion like having dinner or helping out with something that wearing a jacket is a bad idea, and so I fold it down.:)
I've cats as pet, I don't throw crumpled leather on the floor friends:D, besides I live in the tropics, we have house lizards, occasional frog, geckos, ants, spider, sometime slug in wet rainy season,etc.
crumpled thing on the floor is always a bad idea here unless you like surprises.:eek:

dan_t

Practically Family
Here’s one for you, what if you’re traveling where one destination is too hot for a jacket & the other is perfect for one?
Would you pack it in a suitcase & if so, how would you pack it???

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Here’s one for you, what if you’re traveling where one destination is too hot for a jacket & the other is perfect for one?
Would you pack it in a suitcase & if so, how would you pack it???

I often change the climate zones and sometimes take my leather jacket with . I never put it in a case, just carry it in my hand. Jacket on me, or on a hanger or in my hand.

JanW

New in Town
I stick my FQHH Highwayman on a wide wooden hanger in my car. I find that where I am (Indonesia), the extra heat goes a long way towards breaking in a jacket evenly, especially in long parks in a hot parking lot. When I wear it, its almost as soft and flexible as my mid-weight goat.

At home, I just toss it into a pile.

Now, half a year on, it looks like this:

Fonzie

One Too Many
I stick my FQHH Highwayman on a wide wooden hanger in my car. I find that where I am (Indonesia), the extra heat goes a long way towards breaking in a jacket evenly, especially in long parks in a hot parking lot. When I wear it, its almost as soft and flexible as my mid-weight goat.

At home, I just toss it into a pile.

Now, several months on, it looks like this:

FQHH jacket in Indonesia? How can you cope with the heat and humidity wearing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fonzie

One Too Many
Air conditioning :D It gets mighty cold in some places.

Also, nights and rainy days.
Hats off to you if you can pull it off then. I've been to many places in Indo several times on surf trips and I've found that anything more than boardshorts and T-shirt is unbearable! :eek:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
you don't really need frequent incidents, one time I have caterpillar inside my shoes as I'm wearing them, and a house lizard inside the leg of my jeans probably busy eating mosquitoes in the dark now I'm paranoid for life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points