Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do You Keep Your Ears Warm?

pjt113

One of the Regulars
When it gets really cold here in Chicago I usually switch my headgear to polar fleece, but there are those bright sunny days where I would love to wear my fedora. I wanted to ask the group how do you keep your ears warm in the winter when you're wearing your fedora?

buler

I'll Lock Up
There is already a whole thread on this exact subject. I just can't find it right now. I know there were a lot of votes for 180s.

B

Lonny

One of the Regulars
Hey guys,

I'm not sure what they're called but there are ear muffs that can be worn with a fedora and they pretty much clip in some how, god, I don't know what they're called, but my estranged dad wears one in his fedora and swears by them, I would ask him, but we hardly talk.

I gotta be honest, I will either stick with my fedoras with freezing ears or put on a Ushanka. :)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You might try the Hat flap. http://www.thehatflap.com/

Personally I like the 180's. They stow away fairly compact and you don't have to take your hat off the remove them, plus you don't have the trap going over the noggin.

Also, you might try Cabela's or one of the hunting outfitters sites out there. They may have something out there along those lines that just clips onto the sweatband of the hat.

Cheers!

Dan

RBH

Bartender
Major Moore has these made and sells them in his shop.

ear2.jpg

ear3.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
Major Moore has these made and sells them in his shop.

ear2.jpg

Can I get one with the attached stache?:D

Seriously though, this is the slickest thing going for the guy looking for 'earmuffs' for fedora wearing

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
Silk scarf. Under the chin, over the ears, tie it on the top of the head. You look pretty silly wearing it with the hat off, though (at least I do). Or you can wear the silk scarf like a bandanna that covers your ears.
Or wear an aviator hat.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I wear something called 360's, which are basically earmuffs designed so that the band crosses behind the head. If you wear them low in the back, they work fine.

For emergencies, I also bought something called EarBuds (not to be confused with the kind you listen to music with). They are muffs without a band. They gently clip to each ear. They are good for keeping in a pocket in case it gets unexpectedly cold while your away from home, but not great for long periods. They tend to get knocked loose.

Mav

A-List Customer
I don't visit Chicago or other cold climes often, but I've found a surefire way to keep my ears warm when doing so: drink in the hotel bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR