Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

How do you keep your house neat?

ThankfulGirl

New in Town
Having cats, a very outdoorsy son, and a husband who goes for daily walks, we tend to be fairly dirty at most times. I don't like to vacuum because with all the above it'd be like painting the Forth Bridge, so I have a stiff broom and I do it by hand. I sweep and shake my rugs every day - we have slate floors downstairs.
We change the bedclothes every week whilst the weather-gauge is with us but not so much over winter, there's just no way to dry things without running heaters 24/7 and in an old granite cottage that would be no good for our plaster... but mostly I just accept that you gotta eat a peck before you die.

Tiki Tom

Call Me a Cab
By heartlessly fighting the urge to be a pack rat. With a lot of Marie Kondo and “Swedish death cleaning” thrown in for good measure. Every time we move, we relearn the lesson; if we haven’t used it in a year or so and it does not give us “joy”, out it goes. It requires constant vigilance and I’m sure we will backslide. But —dagnabit!— this time I hope to do a better job and keep on top of it!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
A bachelor, my apartment is usually a literary mess; kitchen-like now-occasionally, but I do weekend cleaning
to try to keep atop a spic-n-span patina.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexperez