Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you like your eggs?

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Big Man said:
Half-dozen eggs over light, with bacon, toast, and grits. Add to that a side of pancakes and you have a really good breakfast.

OMG that would kill me and i'm not even 30 yet!

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Christopher said:
Scrambled with american cheese, 2 sausages and a side of scrapple and grits please.

Eggs should not be runny...ewww! :eek:

Bah all the flavor is in a runny yolk

MinnieRose

Familiar Face
Eggseptional thread

Eggs are the greatest things! Soooo versatile! lol

For breakfast I usually make them over easy......and I hate it when I break the yolk because I prefer it a little runny to sop with toast. My twelve year old also like them like this! YAY! :essen:

Have also gotten to where I like my coffee with my egg :coffee:

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
For any NorthernCalifornians:
In the Bay Area, Berkeley to be specific, there is this tiny little breakfast joint called Jodie's right off Solano Ave (on Masonic, just south), just East of San Pablo Ave. It is tiny and only open for breakfast/lunch, but Jodie makes this one dish: poached egg over tomato and toast with some homemade tart herb sauce. Called The "Eggs Royston" -- spectacular.

I take'em sunnyside up, but this is how I eat them:
Hotsauce dripped on, with fork I take bites out of the whites until only the yolk is left. Then I eat the yolk whole. There's never anything left to sop up with toast.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Jack Scorpion said:
For any NorthernCalifornians:
In the Bay Area, Berkeley to be specific, there is this tiny little breakfast joint called Jodie's right off Solano Ave (on Masonic, just south), just East of San Pablo Ave. It is tiny and only open for breakfast/lunch, but Jodie makes this one dish: poached egg over tomato and toast with some homemade tart herb sauce. Called The "Eggs Royston" -- spectacular.

I take'em sunnyside up, but this is how I eat them:
Hotsauce dripped on, with fork I take bites out of the whites until only the yolk is left. Then I eat the yolk whole. There's never anything left to sop up with toast.

I WILL go check that out.

A few more places for the Bay Area Locals to go...

JD's on Castro Valley blvd, Castro Valley
dugs Redwood Road, Castro Valley
Dick's Mariana blvd? San Leandro, CA

The food at Dick's is only ok but it has been made famous in a few music videos.

Eggs are miraculous food.

I love sunny side up over good corned beef hash so the yolks run over the hash.
:essen:
Scrambled as long as they are moist light and fluffy.

Soft boiled with Norwegian sardines and french bread with butter.

Egg in a frame - fried overeasy with the yolk in a cut out of fried buttered bread.

Deviled and benedict are great.

Omlets with a variety of good stuff tucked in it.

I like a small dollop of ketchup on them with a couple of dashes of the Green jalapeno Tabasco on the ketchup. Ketchup versus catsup!

And when used to make French Toast, yum. With real maple syrup heated up.

czack

One of the Regulars
Runny eggs are gross.

I'll eat them any way but they have to be hard. When I mean hard I mean dry as the Sahara.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Uncle Stan would break a raw egg into his glass of beer, drink the beer, then in the last sip, down the whole egg. Never seen it before or since! Strange man, Stan!

-dixon cannon

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Scrambled with a little salt and maybe a little pepper. If I'm feeling dangerous (and if I have any in the house) some bacon bits. That's pretty much it. My boyfriend's family makes a bowl of scrambled eggs and puts melted cheese all over it, and the very thought makes me gag. :(

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
I'm not a huge eater of breakfasts, but...

Scrambled soft over a very low heat, with lashings of butter, a little salt, some black pepper and a dash of white balsamic. It took me a while to perfect the method, but now it's right there's nothing better.

A little smoked salmon or thick-cut smoked back bacon and some toast on the side makes the combination, and maybe some slices of black and white pudding if I'm really hungry or have a heavy day ahead. For total overload add some fried haggis and kedgeree. Then you need mushrooms, fried in butter of course, and the combination of butter and mushroom liquor is perfect for frying a couple of small lamb's kidneys so it would be a shame to waste the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran