Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you store your hat?

fallbackdown82

New in Town
Do you use the box, a hatrack, or other means? When you set your fedora down, do you put it brim down, crown down etc? Does anyone recommend a good hatrack, or have pictures?

Just curious!

Those in current wearing rotation are on the hat/coat tree in the den & the one in the bedroom plus the hat/coat hooks in the utility room. Those not are stored in hat boxes either in my closet or the bonus room over the garage. When I lay my snap brims down, it is usually brim side down at the edge of a shelf (in my office) or a chair if possible so front brim hangs over. Sometimes I pop the brim up if no edge is available. I seldom set them on the crown. I do that with my western hats since their brims have a shape to risk. I also find a napkin or coat to put down then set them on the crown. HTH... gtd

glazierman

New in Town
When I put an addition on my house recently I made some adjustments so I could display all my vintage hats. I'm going to have to add another couple of spots as I can't seem to quit buying more hats. The hangers are vintage brass or bronze door knobs from the late 1890's
hats002.jpg
s
hats003.jpg

hats001.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know many of ya'll have seen this, but for those who haven't...

newhatstorage.jpg

I bought a couple dozen bent steel wire hat racks from a western & tack store that was going under. I have since searched for the manufacturer, but w/o any luck.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:

No offence, Rick, but that would freak me out if I had to live with it. It's as if they are floating, and as if they are looking at me. lol

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Looks like the unreleased sequel to The Birds! :eek:

I keep my lids in boxes, mainly. It keeps them safe and dust free. But I usually keep a few out and handy as a "current rotation" kind of thing. I use these to hold those hats;

http://www.noggintops.com/page.cfm?p=86

Or I put them on my coat tree if it isn't cluttered with other stuff. But it usually is. :eusa_doh:

jpbales

Practically Family
hat rack/stand

for my birthday, my girlfriend got me this awesome hat stand. At first I wasn't too fond of it because it looks like a store display, but after collecting a few hats I've come to realize how nice it really is! I can attach up to 16 arms to hold hats on. The part that the hats sit on is 4.5 inches in diameter, which spreads the weight of the hat pretty well. I keep some plastic bags around so if I don't wear a hat for several days I can cover it so it doesn't get dusty. I can also adjust the height of each set of arms to my liking.

HatRack1.jpg

HatRack2.jpg

jpbales

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:
newhatstorage.jpg

I bought a couple dozen bent steel wire hat racks from a western & tack store that was going under. I have since searched for the manufacturer, but w/o any luck.

Amazing hat collection!

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I have a oak dresser with incredibly deep drawers that I use to store my hats, including flat caps and fedoras.

Boxes work for me as well.

I always rest my fedoras crown down or on a rack when they are out.

Vintage Betty

May a lady chime in? I store my hats in hatboxes. Here's a few pics, which I snapped for an upcoming article I want to write about hatboxes.

hatbox20.jpg
hatbox10.jpg
hatbox11.jpg

hatbox19.jpg

hatbox5.jpg
hatbox7.jpg

hatbox6.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many

DSC05842.jpg

The straws (Stetson Gambler, Panama Bob Diamante, Panama Bob Indiana) hang from a light stand in the corner of my living room.

DSC05843.jpg

The felts stay in boxes in the corner of my bedroom.

Vintage Betty

duggap said:
Cool looking boxes Betty.:)

Thank you! I guess I'll have to pull my vintage hatboxes out at some point when I want to be challenged. :eusa_doh:

I like seeing everyone's method of storing hats. However I found my (ladies) straws got out of shape if left too long hanging. Haven't you gents had problems with hat hooks?

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I put shelves up over the clothes rods in our closets and put my hats on them. I have all the hat boxes but I like to be able to get at the lids more readily than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy