Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you take your coffee?

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Jovan said:
And yes, as the OP said, they roast their beans far too much. Probably because people will think it's "strong," which is a common misconception. Good coffee doesn't taste like charcoal. :(

I've been trying to tell a good friend this for years ... but, alas, he's still the first in line to pay $4 for a cup and swear all day you can't get any better ... As a matter of fact him dragging me to Starbucks so often is partly what has turned me OFF of coffee lately.

Jovan

Suspended
Take him to Barnie's sometime. Hopefully he'll see the difference. If not, he plainly does not possess taste buds and should get an operation.

Barnie's is a national chain, yes, but it's probably one of the best ones. 100& arabica, quality milk, syrups, and teas. I say this even though I had a falling out with my manager when I worked there.

geckoheart

Familiar Face
Been home roasting with a popcorn popper for almost a year. It took me about 6 months to get the hang of it. I roast abot 4 batches a week. Each batch makes 2 cups in my Aeropress Aerobie. I love this thing and make one cup a day for my morning commute. Black with a cigar each morning. My favorite bean for the past month is the Timor Organic PEABERRY Maubesse from Coffee Bean Corral.

K

killertomata

I don't drink coffee. I tasted it once and couldn't stop making the bitter face for an hour. They say to sweeten it and such... nah, I don't need a new vice. I have enough caffeine in my life.

I do love a good Earl Grey tea, though. :)

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Mine gets creamier and creamier each day it seems. But that might have to do with how godawful the coffee is at work. Hmm.

I prefer milk to cream. And prefer charcoal, garbanzo beans, toxic waste, bakelite and dead bluebirds to sugar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran