Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"How does your garden grow?"

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
or "Come into the garden Maude" as Jamie Durie would say, " i'm faced with what to do with a small corner outside a dinning room". luckily it does have french doors and three steps down to a paved area. I'm thinking of creating an "Out Of Africa" meets "White Mischief"... you know lots of black bamboo, Loyd Loom furniture painted "Clotted Cream" Tribal masks, candle lit chandeliers, leopard print napkins, silver placemats , lots of black, and Jungle creature sounds, played at random times ( Elephant stampede?) to remind cocktail guests, "they realy do need to move on to their dinner engagements"??? What is your idea of "Heaven" out of doors?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I love lots of shrubby roses, trellises, plants and lawn, but the extremes in temperatures here make plant choices limited. The high two days ago was about 8F (-13C); in the summer, it regularly gets over 100F (38C). It's dry here too.

The old garden roses actually take the climate very well, and I have many of them in my yard. The front yard is all flowers and low-growing shrubs that get watered once a week.

If I were starting over, I'd keep the front yard the same, but the back would be a cool forest of mostly pine trees and plants that can grow in their shade.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I also love potted flowers. It will soon be time to start geraniums from seed, even though it isn't even winter yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara