Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Good a Husband are You? - 1933 Edition

Lenore

Practically Family
Nifty... I got a 76, even with my red nail polish and running around in my stockings!

My husband got a 101.... How did THAT happen? :eek:

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Evidently I lost major points for being a flirt and overspending my allowance....also they group drinking, smoking, gambling and dope into the same question, and since I occasionally drink and have been to Vegas I took a hit there too. And since I run around in my pajamas and socks, I am an awful, awful wife. ;)

Feathers

Familiar Face
Well, ladies and gents, I scored a boring 46...but I suspect if I didn't work 60+ hours a week it would have been a much higher score. Or maybe that's wishful thinking!lol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:
It's a good thing I am so anti-marriage. I got a whopping 9!

See, I always knew I'd be a better girlfriend! I think the fact I don't like children seriously killed my score from just bad to awful!

bahahahahahahhaah Why am I not surprised? lol

Elaina

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
bahahahahahahhaah Why am I not surprised? lol

Likely because you either believe it or realize I do everything with my tongue planted in my cheek, disguised as seriousness.

Of course, it depends on WHAT you believe. Dead-pan humor is only funny where there's a grain of truth, and it is true I neither like marriage OR children. Unfortunately, the latter think I jest about it.

SayCici

Practically Family
"Goes to bed with curlers on her hair or much face cream."

Oh, I see! You like the results but not the process!

Feathers

Familiar Face
I just retook the quiz with my husband. I improved from a 46 to 54 but he got a 112/Very Superior - which he will rub in my face for the next week. :eusa_doh:

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Feraud said:
The wives will have to answer the test questions on behalf of their husband's attitudes. I know so few husbands who will admit to their demerits. ;)

There is a lot of common sense points to consider on the form.

I got 168 but I think I should get Mrs. B to check this.

P.S. what's the issue with stocking-feet?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Good quiz. I wonder if there's one for wives?

Some of the points may be outdated (read: pajamas) but for the most part, I think they are timeless.

Working on a relationship for the better is never outdated.

Groupe G

New in Town
Wow. I scored 115! Who'd'a thunk it?

Distressingly, my wife scored a 39. She attributes this to being a wife of the Nora Charles, pre-Nicky archetype. As witness, I attest to this being 110% true - she is of that archetype.

:D

Cheers,

Bob

Emer

One of the Regulars
That quiz was fun! My husband enjoyed standing over my shoulder and hearing what I thought about his merits a demerits! lol He scored 100 merits and only 5 demerits. Mostly for swearing, but he's a Marine, so I won't fault him too harshly for those! ;)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
My hubby-to-be scored 109 merits and 15 demerits - for swearing, not shaving on Sunday, alcohol use, and his socks :rolleyes:
But like Emer, mine's a soldier, so what can I say lol

Edit: Did the wife's quiz... I only got 22...
At least I am honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy