Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Long Have You Been eBaying?

decodoll

Practically Family
The recent thead on sniping got me to wondering...how long have most of us been ebaying? I've been an addict since August 29, 1997... looks like I have an anniversary coming up soon! :rolleyes: I remember when most auctions didn't include pictures!

Barry

Practically Family
Sometime in 1999 and then I quit for a long while.

My first purchase was a couple of Cisco 2500 series routers.

Barry

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Registered on 1/6/98!

I've gone thru hot and cold phases on the 'Bay, depending on my finances and my interests, but I've bought tons of different things there over the years -- clothes, shoes, purses, lingerie, jewelry, books and magazines, 78rpm records, radio transcription discs, audiotapes, CDs, VHS tapes, DVDs, parts for my bike, kitcheny stuff, and lots and lots of sewing patterns.

In all that time, and in all those transactions, I've only been cheated three times. Pretty good average, really.

Remember when the eBay servers were all named after various kinds of reptiles? Cayman, Komodo, etc.?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Since 1/12/98

Ha! I used to type Edison Phonograph in the search box and get under 50 hits!

Everything from car/bike parts to shaving soap!

One highlight: A scarce terra cotta tobacco jar from around 1910 from the John W. Merriam Cigar Company of NYC (which items I collect and on which I am researching a history). The lid handle is an amazingly detailed bulldog head.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been a member since January 1996, although I was under a different name back then. I'm a PEZ collector, and that is one of the reason ebay was founded. I too remember when there were no pictures. I have seen ebay go from a small market for collectibles to a major marketplace. But through it all, I still can find thousands of PEZ.

Rosie

One Too Many

I'm 215 at 99.5% due to a nut run in a few month back. Best thing I've gotten from ebay: an original Baby Heather from Mattel from 1986, she still works too! Oh, and I guess my brand new coat from the early '50s I picked up last month.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just a couple years for me but my 1st purchase was this car>
50.jpg
:)

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Pilgrim said:
Geez, sorry to hear that, Tommy!

Can you go in and append comments to the feedback to help explain?

Yes. This occured in 2005. I contacted them immediately after I noticed. I had not used my account since 2003 by that point and I was unaware of the activity.

I explained the situation to them and they were kind enough to remove one negative comment. :)

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Since February 2000. My first purchase, a hat. My second purchase, another hat. My latest purchase? Yep; a hat. Is there a pattern developing here? Only 33 transactions, though (not all hats).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany