Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long is reasonable?

jglf

A-List Customer
Yes good idea. I will leave it until early Spring (the time I would like to wear it) and see what happens. I will update in case anyone is at all interested and reveal the name of the company!!
Just tell us..You’ll be helping out anyone here who might be planning to do business with said maker. At least we’ll be informed on what might happen if we proceed.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The most concerning thing in my eyes is the removal of the Facebook questions.....that should be seen as a great opportunity for them to show good customer service.

All they have to do is say "Sorry its taken so long, we will contact you privately to get this sorted out." or similar. Deleting the post, no phone number, not replying to emails, I'm sorry but I think its gone for good, just too many red flags.

Mark

Practically Family
I don’t wanna wait that long, give us a hint...
What country are we talking about?
I need to give them the opportunity to make good and tell me what's going on. There maybe a legit reason for their behavior. I will give them a week or so first.

Mark

Practically Family
^^ That is not comforting, nor is it comforting that there is not a stated phone contact.

You have every right to be annoyed/frustrated/concerned at this point. Reach out a little more, see if there is any other way to contact them. Since this company is not the UK and you are based there, hard to tell exactly what (if any) recourse you have.

If it was a shipping issue - and you have a tracking # with a carrier that would be a much different scenario. Shame this occured for you, I would at least find out the location and contact of the "city hall" as most towns require businesses to be registered. Perhaps they would have options for you...?
I am giving them a little more time before I get really mad!!!

Powerband

Practically Family
That could either be Bill Kelso or Thedi. I would be surprised if it were Thedi. Not so much because of the waiting time but because of not replying to messages.

Yeah, same... I’d be surprised if it were Thedi because Theodore himself (and others) has been extremely fast and thorough with ALL communications for me. And Kelso... well, I’ve read about Kelso.

Mark

Practically Family
Man, I should have bought a lottery ticket yesterday because I was thinking Greece when I typed out the question. And I don’t think we’re talking about Thedi either...
Yes you would have won the jack pot. Now can you use your powers and tell me what the heck is going on with my jacket?!o_O

El Marro

I wish I could Mark. Unfortunately my powers seem to have left me, I can only think good thoughts and hope that you get the answer you have been waiting for soon!

Mark

Practically Family
I wish I could Mark. Unfortunately my powers seem to have left me, I can only think good thoughts and hope that you get the answer you have been waiting for soon!
Well thank you Sir. I will update when/if I hear something.

Superfluous

@Mark You have been a long-time supporter of BK, which makes their apparent mistreatment of you all the more disheartening. I sincerely hope you are able to resolve the matter amicably.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Well thank you Sir. I will update when/if I hear something.
So you actually sent your jacket to Greece, which means you know where BK is located in Greece, right? Could you share the address?
I wonder what Streetview will show, a place where a workshop could be located or a PO box.

Superfluous

So you actually sent your jacket to Greece, which means you know where BK is located in Greece? Could you share the address?
I wonder what Streetview will show, a place where a workshop could be located or a PO box.

This was done and posted here a long time ago. There is a considerable amount of BK info in the TFL database.

I didn't know either. Rumor has it their address is a P.O. box.

Well, either way, if it's the original maker to whom the jacket has been sent for the repair and they somehow lost it or something, I wouldn't consider this a problem since they can just build another one for Mark. Right?

Mark

Practically Family
@Mark You have been a long-time supporter of BK, which makes their apparent mistreatment of you all the more disheartening. I sincerely hope you are able to resolve the matter amicably.
Yes I have always fought his corner so it is a bit disappointing to say the least. Live & learn I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider