Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many A2s?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
VERY NICE Aero Andrew!

Love the patch on it too (looks tooled?). The rust knits look great on it. You'll turn a few heads in that baby!!:eusa_clap Roll-on, Flying Legends.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PADDY said:
Love the patch on it too (looks tooled?). The rust knits look great on it. You'll turn a few heads in that baby!!:eusa_clap Roll-on, Flying Legends.

Thanks Paddy. The patch is an Italian tooled job and I think it looks superb on the jacket.

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
I currently own one A2 - my first. Just bought it on eBay a couple of weeks ago for £39.99 BIN. I've been looking at these for a few years, but never quite taken the plunge - you know the score, wondering if I'll look like an eejit, couple of years with a (now, fortunately, ex-)girlfriend that thought thet looked "stupid" [huh] (she had an aversion to the elasticated cuffs....):rolleyes: , on it goes... anyhow.

Hi Edward,

Bet you are already looking for more A2s??;)

You know you want to!

Edward

Bartender
Spitfire said:
Nice jacket Edward - but as far away from a A2 as a Volkswagen to a Bentley. But - as you say - you know and the jacket is nice.;)

I've got the bug for something more period accurat,e but I don't got the kind of cash they go for these days. :( Not when I could buy a suit for that kinda money!! :eek:

Oh well, eventually! :)

Edward

Bartender
aswatland said:
Before you know where you are Edward, you will be after an original and then another.....!

Ha, tell me about it..... Actually, this weekend I came up with a crazy notion for a WW2 era Dr Frank'n'Furter costume.... Yeah, I spend a lot of time in the Rocky Horror community, and I had this notion of Frank with an A2, a nice nosecone pinup girl on the bakc, and the dear tranny dressed to emulate her (as if the alien had come to earth, found a military pilot's jacket, and from there....). Annnnnnnyhow....

Yeah, I'd love to have a period cut A2... actually, two.... one plain for general wear, and one with the pinup detail airbrushed on the back for when I'm up for that detail to my look. It's where to find them at UK prices, though! GBP150 is one thing for a great jacket, but I'm damend if I could justify twice that!!

Originals, I don't know.... I guess if it came dirt cheap, heh, but otherwise, I'm interested in the vintage look as something to wear rather than collect; if i can find quality repros at the right price I think I'd enjoy wearing those much more as otherwise I'd probably be far too precious about damaging an "iireplaceable original" to properly enjoy wearing it!!:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR