Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many hats do you have...?

How many hats do you own?

• 1-10

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • 10-20

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • 20-30

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • 30-40

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 40-50

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 50-60

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 60-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-80

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 80-90

• 90-100

• Total voters

JRivera

New in Town
I'm New

My hats:

Collapsable Opera Top Hat
Brown Short Brim Fedora
Fez
Deerstalker
7 Irish Caps in various colors and styles (paperboy hats, wear them all the time)
Straw Boater

used to have a nice homberg that was too small, traded it for a tailcoat.

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
How many?

12 so far. But this number changes ever so often. I'll sell a hat or two and turn around and buy one or two with the same money, the wife doesn't understand the reason behind this practice. Its probably an addiction or a fetish of sorts. I do try to keep the number below 20 for storage purposes.
Fur felts:
Gray Cavanagh Regency Fedora
Black Reisitol 990 Stingy brim Fedora
Brown Stetson Sovereign long hair Fedora
Light brown Stetson Sovereign Luxuro finish Fedora
Brown Manstyle Fedora
Brown Stevens XXX Beaver Fedora
Porte Realto Venice straw Boater
Montecristi Panama
Knox Milan weave
Milairo Milan weave
And two more in the mail: Gray Knox Fedora and a Gray Resistol Pork Pie
Not to count the Gatsbys and Flat Caps. (Thats six more)

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Maw dang. I missed four. My warm weather farming hats, hung on nails out in the barn. Two Cuenca panamas, one corn husk straw and one wheat straw.

I put the farm felt onto a nail and pulled down a Cuenca. Then, it dawned on me that I had not added those four into the count. BTW, the corn husk and the wheat straw haven't been worn for the past two summers once I got the first Cuenca.

The reason for having two is the other is a spare in case one gets, well, run under a mower or goes thru the baler or meets some other bad end. That way I'd have a hat to wear while waiting for a replacement to arrive. :p

That makes the one I'm working on number 30! :eusa_doh:

later!

Stan

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
The Lid Chamber

Thanks to Mrs. Lid -- who decided that, so long as I'm going to have all these hats, there may as well be somewhere to put 'em. Just got finished with this project, and thought it was time to post a few lids...:)

Center-13.jpg

LLeft.jpg

ULeft.jpg

LRight.jpg

URight.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jimmy....

Amazing job Jimmy, I often wondered why you never posted on the how do you keep/store your hats thread.

Is this laminated or painted wood? Also, what's the brass hinge type thingy shown here?

ULeft.jpg

By the way.....you didn't answer the question at hand......just how many are there? How many does this very cool rack hold?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
Amazing job Jimmy, I often wondered why you never posted on the how do you keep/store your hats thread.

Is this laminated or painted wood? Also, what's the brass hinge type thingy shown here?

By the way.....you didn't answer the question at hand......just how many are there? How many does this very cool rack hold?

Bolt -- it's laminated. The brass "thingy" is a rod that extends to hang things on. :D

Stored as is, that rig holds 54 lids. By turning some on their crowns, I could actually fit more (which I may need to do...;)).

Cheers,
JtL

deenis

Familiar Face
Such high quality hats so meticulously displayed. I had to remember to breath when I saw these pictures. Truely a work of love and passion. How is the lighting in the closet, good?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
How long did it take you to construct this work of art? Is it in a closet, or is it nailed directly to a wall?

Thanks, guys. This was actually my wife's idea -- God bless her! It's in a closet. No special lighting for the closet. Went up over the weekend!

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Thanks, guys. This was actually my wife's idea -- God bless her! It's in a closet. No special lighting for the closet. Went up over the weekend!

Cheers,
JtL

That is suweeeetttttt!! I would think it might be overwhelming to choose....

B

Mr. Paladin

jimmy the lid said:
Thanks to Mrs. Lid -- who decided that, so long as I'm going to have all these hats, there may as well be somewhere to put 'em. Just got finished with this project, and thought it was time to post a few lids...:)

Center-13.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Amazing Jimmy. I knew you had a stash but...those are incredible. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:

Cheers,
JtL
I hope the project went union?

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I am seriously going to be doing this over my next vacation! How did you mount the vertical boards to the wall? The shelves are easy enough to understand, but I'm puzzled on how you attached the vertical planks. Could you show some close up pics of this, so I know how to do this, please?

Thanks,
flute

bolthead

fluteplayer07 said:
I am seriously going to be doing this over my next vacation! How did you mount the vertical boards to the wall? The shelves are easy enough to understand, but I'm puzzled on how you attached the vertical planks. Could you show some close up pics of this, so I know how to do this, please?

Thanks,
flute
They may not even be attached to the wall at all, like a bookshelf. [huh]

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Amazing, Jimmy. I'm glad you finally got around to post on this thread I opened a while ago with the sole purpose of admiring collections like yours, gather amazing ideas to display them and drool for a little while over our keyboards. :eusa_clap

Where do you have your boxes?
Center-13.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner