Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

playbelle

New in Town
jtcarrey said:
do we need to have a certain amount of posts to obtain special privileges?
According to the FAQ, it takes 15 posts to get "full member" status (though it mentions that in connection to being able to send private messages, not voting in polls or adding attachments to posts). The previous post was my 15th, but I see no change. Maybe someone has to pull a switch before the change goes live.. lol

ETA: Hurrah, either the 16th post did it or it took a moment! Finally I can proudly represent the 5'2 girls! :D

Folly

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
I once lived in a house built in the 1840s, and had the same problem -- the top of my head grazed the water pipes hanging from the kitchen ceiling, and it was impossible for anyone over 5-foot-9 to stand up straight in the room. It was like living in a doll house -- I doubt the builders of the place had been over five feet tall.

It's like being Alice In Wonderland, isn't it?
There was a pub I used to go to years ago and when you went in the ladies loo, suddenly everything was smaller, it was truly bizarre!

ShortClara

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
I once lived in a house built in the 1840s, and had the same problem -- the top of my head grazed the water pipes hanging from the kitchen ceiling, and it was impossible for anyone over 5-foot-9 to stand up straight in the room. It was like living in a doll house -- I doubt the builders of the place had been over five feet tall.

See, being around 5 feet is the normal way to be.

lol lol lol

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm really interested in the association so many women seem to have between their own height and that of the men they date.

Why is that? Is it because it seems to make men feel more confident about their, erm, tall manliness? Or does it make you feel more protected...? Are taller men just more desireable? I'd love to hear what this is all about.

Note: I hope this isn't taken as a negative point. It's just an observation.

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Well being tall myself, I love tall men, it makes me feel more petite and yes, it makes me feel like they're more of a protecter for little ol' me ;) so yea, that's a reason why, of course there has to be personality and everything else that goes with it too!

alexandra

Practically Family
Like I said earlier, my thing is about not feeling like Kermit and Miss Piggy.

Also, I already have a really strong personality and have a tendency to try and wear the pants in the relationship, so if I'm the man there and I'm taller and bigger...well then I don't feel like a woman. And even though I sometimes act like a man, I really prefer a constant power struggle for who will be the Alpha Male of my relationship :p

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I'm 5'9"

My husband is 3 inches taller than I. I'm not allowed to be taller than he is when we go out. Thats ok with me I don't wear heels. I've dated men shorted than and taller than me. I never really saw a problem with it.

Josephine

One Too Many
gluegungeisha said:
I'm really interested in the association so many women seem to have between their own height and that of the men they date.

I'm 5'10" and have for most of my adult life been on the overweight side of the BMI scale. Men taller/larger than me make me feel not as much as a lump, and I'll admit it, I'm not a Type A personality so I like feeling dainty.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
gluegungeisha said:

Why is that? Is it because it seems to make men feel more confident about their, erm, tall manliness? Or does it make you feel more protected...? Are taller men just more desireable? I'd love to hear what this is all about.

Note: I hope this isn't taken as a negative point. It's just an observation.

I don't know what it's all about really. I'm 5'2 and have never dated a man under 6'2. The tall, slender, dark haired man catches my eye every time. His height comes in handy when we're out at a crowded event, I can always find him if we get seperated.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
I'm 5ft 2 and 1/4 inches. That 1/4 inch matters! I like being short...except for when people bigger than I am pick me up and try to carry me places (other petite gals should know what I'm talking about). Just because I'm small does NOT mean I'm travel sized!!!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I am about 5'4 and wouldn't mind being a couple of inches taller, though just some longer legs would be fine! I've always felt quite small because most of my male friends are very tall and over 6ft. My ex was 6'4 so I feel like I can't date smaller guys now which probably sounds very silly! The only time I feel tall is when I visit family as Chinese people are typically quite tiny and I feel like a giant lol I am usually in heels so some people, particularly at my workplace where I'm hardly ever in flats, probably don't realise how small I really am.

alexandra

Practically Family
Oh that's another thing, I like my men older. The oldest guy I've ever been with was 10 years older than me and I used to like to say "You know, when I was 5 you were 15. Just pointing that out you creepy old man!" because it made me laugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24