Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I'm 5'7". I don't feel evenly proportioned, though. If it wasn't for my freakishly long neck I would probably look shorter. I actually have to remember to wear a scarf because I easily get a sore throat due to my ostrich-like neck! :-D

scarlett

One of the Regulars
AnnaMaria said:
But I sometimes wish I was taller when I can't reach what I want at the grocery store. I once asked a man if he could help me reach a soda and he asked if I wanted him to lift me!

I'm almost 5'2, can't reach alot of things in stores. I've never asked for help, there never seems to be anyone taller around so I just climb the shelves - heels and all. Once I reach what I want a smaller lady usually asks me for help. We little folks have to stick together. My husband is about 6'2, I've always liked really tall men.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I'm too short to be statuesque/striking and too tall to be considered cute. I like how tall I am for modern clothes - but I'll admit I'd give anything to be a petite wee lass to fit into some of the great small sized vintage out there. Can you imagine the shoes if you were were a 4-5 narrow! I've dated all sizes of boys. I tend to prefer the taller ones so I feel more petite in their arms. However the love of my life is barely taller than me in flats and we are eye to eye when I put on the heels.

It's funny - there are quite a few of you ladies who I pictured as much taller than you are in actuality.(Nikki - I was convinced you were at least 5'-9"). It must mean you know how to dress yourselves to look all legs and lean!

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I'm only 5'2.5", but most of my friends are short too so I don't really notice it, and I'm pretty petite so I don't have as much trouble finding clothes that fit. I do have to shorten every pair of trousers that I buy though or face having ridiculous turnups xxxx

ShortClara

One Too Many
MissS said:
My sister in law just sent me this piccie from my nephew's christening last weekend. I'm standing next to my muuuuuch younger 14 year old sister (I'm in purple) and I look like a midget! And I'm in heels!

Too funny - I tend to forget I'm such a shortie until I see pictures or film of myself. And them I'm all damn! is that real? LOL I think of myself as big and imposing! I'm the lap dog who yaps at the Doberman.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Babydoll said:
I'm 5'1". I have a sister that's 6' tall, and I can't believe that we came from the same parents.

When I get comments about "you're so short", my response is "but my feet touch the ground, and isn't that all that matters?"

:rolleyes:

See, when people say "You're so short" to me I just say "So?" or "Yes, and?" That usually shuts them up ;) I don't think my feet do touch the ground most of the time! :)

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Too funny - I tend to forget I'm such a shortie until I see pictures or film of myself. And them I'm all damn! is that real? LOL I think of myself as big and imposing! I'm the lap dog who yaps at the Doberman.

ShortClara, you're my hero :eusa_clap

I'm 5'4" (the tall side of petite), and small framed. My hubby is 6', and refers to me as "teeny", which I love :D

Antje

One Too Many
I don't know how I have to say my size in american sizes, but I'm 1,57 meter and I'm 54 kilo's
so I'm not really tall, I once read that allysa milano has the same height as me.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Antje said:
I don't know how I have to say my size in american sizes, but I'm 1,57 meter and I'm 54 kilo's
so I'm not really tall, I once read that allysa milano has the same height as me.

That puts you just a hair under 5'2"... In case you were wondering..:D

Folly

One of the Regulars
It's being tall that put me off cottages (random, eh?) as my in-laws live in a 16th century cottage and in heels my head touched their ceiling and I used to hit my head going through doors unless I ducked first. I used to walk in a constant stoop there, I felt like an amazon.
As it is, I live in a modern cottage myself and even though the ceilings are higher here, I often hit my head on the light fittings when wearing heels.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Folly said:
It's being tall that put me off cottages (random, eh?) as my in-laws live in a 16th century cottage and in heels my head touched their ceiling and I used to hit my head going through doors unless I ducked first. I used to walk in a constant stoop there, I felt like an amazon.
As it is, I live in a modern cottage myself and even though the ceilings are higher here, I often hit my head on the light fittings when wearing heels.

I once lived in a house built in the 1840s, and had the same problem -- the top of my head grazed the water pipes hanging from the kitchen ceiling, and it was impossible for anyone over 5-foot-9 to stand up straight in the room. It was like living in a doll house -- I doubt the builders of the place had been over five feet tall.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I allways thought Lauren was taller! But I guess the fella wasn't as tall as they are today. Isnt Gary Grant one of the tallest actors abck then?

I think you may be right that she was taller than 5'7. I didn't mean to cause the impression that Bogie was short! In Bacall's autobiography, By Myself, she says that he was 5'10-1/2. Another Bogart-Bacall biography says that her height was the first thing that impressed him about her, and claims that at "a shade over 5'9, he would have been only an inch or so taller than Betty [Bacall] if she was not wearing high heels." I am going with her figure, since that means Bogie would have been "a shade" taller than me (in flats, but oh well - I'd do it for Bogie)! I could probably have worn heels with Cary, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy