Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

Bluebird

New in Town
I'm 5'8 1/2. Almost all the women in my family were tall for their generation. Two of my G-Grandmothers were about 6 feet tall. The others were just a few inches taller than the average of their day.

I wish I was a little shorter. I know shorter people have a hard time with clothes, but a least you have fabric to work with. The taller gals have NO fabric to work with. So with trousers, you can end up with floods!! EEK!

bluebird^_^

Kiri

One of the Regulars
Just finally, barely made it to 5'3". I'm the shortest of nearly all my friends. However, I can wear super tall heels and still just be about average height, plus I'll never have to worry about finding a guy taller than me. ;)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Kiri said:
Just finally, barely made it to 5'3". I'm the shortest of nearly all my friends. However, I can wear super tall heels and still just be about average height, plus I'll never have to worry about finding a guy taller than me. ;)

Same as!

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Mrs Mid-Fogey...

...doesn't post but asked me to say she is 5' 5".

My daughter is 11 and has caught her already. Have you heard the old wives’ tale about being able to double a child’s height at their second birthday and that’s their height as a grown adult? Ginny was exactly 3’ at her second birthday.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Veronica said:
I am 5'9"... wich is tall in France...I felt shorter in U.S.A....

Veronica I am 5'9" also and am from the States. That's tall for a lady here too, I would say the majority of women in this country rage from about 5'5" to about 5'7". Generallly pants are too short for me so I just go for the long sizes, and since apparently people think if you are tall you must be bigger around I struggle to find tops that fit right as I am a small some times a medium on top, and sleeve are hardly ever long enough on me so they get pushed or rolled up.

Puzzicato said:
I'm a little under 5'7". In Australia I always felt short, but I'm quite tall in the UK! There is 1 woman and 2 men in my office who are taller than me.

Puzzicato, I know what you mean in Australia, I am as I stated above 5'9" which here int he states is rather tall for a woman. But in Australia I felt plain tiny, it was an odd feeling. But when I go to Japan I feel ridiculously tall more like a mountain that a person. And it doesn't help that my boyfriend is so tall that he makes me look petite.

HepKitty

One Too Many
not quite 5'2", so pretty short. wearing 4" heels makes me feel really tall but in reality it only brings me up to average lol

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
I'm about 5'7" and a half, at one point I reached 5'8". I still favor ridiculously high heels...my husband is almost 5'11" and I frequently stand taller than him when we both have shoes on.

Each generation of women in my mother's side of the family has been exactly one inch taller than the preceding generation. I hit 5'8", mom was 5'7", Gram was 5'6", her mom was 5'5". Amusing.

Most of my height is waist and neck, so I don't have trouble with pants being long enough (I've got a 30" inseam) but dresses and tops can be a nightmare. Nothing hits my natural waist and sleeves hover inches above my wrists.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
CherryWry said:
Each generation of women in my mother's side of the family has been exactly one inch taller than the preceding generation. I hit 5'8", mom was 5'7", Gram was 5'6", her mom was 5'5". Amusing.

That's very cool! My mum is about 2" taller than me.

The next generation is ridiculous though - I have 2 nieces (1 my husband's family, 1 mine) who are well over 6', and a nephew who is 6'5" and hasn't stopped yet. And the little wretches pat me on the head and tell me I am cute and little.

MirandaFern

Familiar Face
I'm 5'2", in a family of 5'8" sisters and a 6' brother (who is still growing). I'm quite content with my height...until I realize that my fiance has put something I need on the top shelf of the cabinet.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Treesaaw said:
All of the time! I'm 4' 10" and often when I meet new people the first thing that comes out of their mouths is something to the effect of "Wow, you're so SHORT!". I've gotten used to people saying this though.

What I think is funny is that they usually seem to comment on my height months later like one day the will say "Hey your really short (5'1" and I rarely wear much of a heal)". I always want to tell them their powers of observation amaze me.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
6'1" or 6'2". I'm till trying to get over the odd looks when I'm wearing a shoe with any bit of heel! Not to mention sometimes feeling as though I'm on a private balcony is a bit odd.

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
I'm 5'4 but usually wear heels or wedges around 4" tall. I'm okay with my height don't like the fact that my fiance and I are almost the same height when I wear my tall shoes!

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
6'1" or 6'2". I'm till trying to get over the odd looks when I'm wearing a shoe with any bit of heel! Not to mention sometimes feeling as though I'm on a private balcony is a bit odd.

Private balcony is exactly it! I'm 5'10". The fella is 6'4" so I still wear whatever heels I like, although when we're together I feel like we're popping out of a sea of heads like a submarine periscope.

shebagrl

Familiar Face
Tishkaminx said:
Teeny, tiny 5 foot nothing...petite sizes don't even start until 5'2 Hmph!

Oh I know, isn't it a bear? Petite trousers that still need hemming are maddening! I'm barely 5'1" on a good day. My mom is shorter than I, so I knew I was in for it when I stopped growing taller at 12. I rather like it now, though :)

swinggal

One Too Many
I'm 5 8" and I hate it. I rarely wear heels because I feel like I tower over everyone. Just wish I was 5 6". I like to be with a guy that is taller than me (last exes long term were 6 2" and 6 ") but lately guys seem to be all shorter than me. I also hate being taller than all my female friends bar 1. Makes me feel like a giant :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner