Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to make leather sweatband for hats.

Ciro

New in Town
Hello everyone,
I would like to learn making sweatband from start, choosing leather, to the end through out the process.
I'm not able to find out nothing about the subject.
Could you suggest me some readings or tutorials?
I don't need to know how to install it in a hat, I found a thread about it on FL.
Thank you for your time and help.
Regards,
Ciro

P.S. if you want send me p.m. Thank you.

Hello everyone,
I would like to learn making sweatband from start, choosing leather, to the end through out the process.
I'm not able to find out nothing about the subject.
Could you suggest me some readings or tutorials?
I don't need to know how to install it in a hat, I found a thread about it on FL.
Thank you for your time and help.
Regards,
Ciro

P.S. if you want send me p.m. Thank you.

As quality leather sweatbands are available pre-made for very reasonable prices, I personally don’t see the appeal of making more own. I would look to be as simple as sewing a reed (no idea where to buy reeds or how to make them) onto the proper leather, but it might be more complicated than it looks. No clue if the right type of roan leather is readily available.

I just don’t know that this is being done by anyone on the Lounge; I haven’t heard of it. I know @bond sells sweatbands, but I don’t know if he actually makes them. You also can’t expect a retailer to help teach you how to make them yourself so you won’t have to buy his wares (if it were me, I wouldn’t tell you).

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ciro

New in Town
Hi Brent,
thank you for your reply.
You are totally right about the retailer's business.
I hoped in the knowledge sharing purpose of the lounge.
Anyway, maybe I will be able to share my knowledge in the future ... when I will have one. Lol.
Thank you again.
Regards,
Ciro

Hi Brent,
thank you for your reply.
You are totally right about the retailer's business.
I hoped in the knowledge sharing purpose of the lounge.
Anyway, maybe I will be able to share my knowledge in the future ... when I will have one. Lol.
Thank you again.
Regards,
Ciro

I’ll look forward to seeing what you come up with. If you get it all worked out maybe we’ll be buying sweatbands from you in the future.
Good luck,
Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner